CC Grappler Shad

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Scum Frog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

CC Grappler Shad

Post by Scum Frog »

I have had good success with these lures on walleye this year.
The walleye in the Miss. have been busting this lure all summer and I even pulled out two nice ones from White Lake of all places.

I have the perch and Chartruse with Orange eye ones.

Another winner from Cotton Cordell!
FireFox
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by FireFox »

Hey RRC,

I picked up the Silver/Blue back version of the Grappler Shad this spring and Ive had pretty good luck with it too. It caught me a few smallies, one largemouth, a whack of little pike and I caught my biggest pike in a long time on this lure out on Black Donald lake - probably in the 8-10 pound range. I havent caught any walleye on the lure, but it looks promising.

Fox.
eye-tracker
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: CC Grappler Shad

Post by eye-tracker »

RRC wrote:I have had good success with these lures on walleye this year.
The walleye in the Miss. have been busting this lure all summer and I even pulled out two nice ones from White Lake of all places.

I have the perch and Chartruse with Orange eye ones.

Another winner from Cotton Cordell!
RRC...
I have also had great success with these for walleye this season. Glory Green on sunny days and Fire Tiger on over cast days or deep trolling with snap weights.

Very nice tight wiggle that walleye and pike love...also the silver and blue works great off a down rigger for lake trout :wink:

Yup another Cordell in the tackle box next to the Wally Minnow, Wally Minnow JR, Wally Diver and CC Shad. :)
Sheldon Hatch
Just a guy that likes to fish walleye