Dead deer in water.....will City or RVCA remove it??

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Canmoore
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Dead deer in water.....will City or RVCA remove it??

Post by Canmoore »

lapointeric wrote:
Canmoore wrote:I think I know where this is, is this on the opposite shore from Mooney's bay? I go fishing there sometimes for early season walleye, what a shame if this carcass is just left to rot away! I agree call 311!!
Amazing that you nailed that spot... there's what... a branch and some water in that picture?? You're the reason I'm somewhat hesitant to post anything online! LOL

E
We humans have survival skills that are engrained in our DNA. The positions of fallen trees, the slope and structure of a shoreline. All of these were important once upon a time, to find our way home after a long hunt far from home! When I saw that tree in the water, and you said where the spot was located. I knew instantly.

I was hesitant to even say anything, but whenever I go to that spot I see lots of other people. It is far from being a secret, and even if you do go to this spot. you need to know where to cast, to avoid a myriad of sunken trees that will eat your tackle box alive!!
biggs
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by biggs »

I have been going to that spot for 3yrs now and have only ever seen one person there 2yrs ago. But it's all good since it not a super productive spot, I only go because its 2mins from my house. If it were a spot I cared about I would have never mentioned anything.
Canmoore
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Canmoore »

biggs wrote:I have been going to that spot for 3yrs now and have only ever seen one person there 2yrs ago. But it's all good since it not a super productive spot, I only go because its 2mins from my house. If it were a spot I cared about I would have never mentioned anything.
Yeah, but its right across from one of the busiest beaches in the city. Than you have dragon boats zooming by all season long, and tinners trolling along by. So its not like some hidden remote gem, it is in plain sight from hundreds of people every day! Like you said, it is not the most productive spot. If it was a super gem, and I knew about I would not say anything!
Jigs
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Jigs »

Should make for interesting bullhead fishing :shock:
Troutskiii
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Troutskiii »

cprince wrote:
Troutskiii wrote:City won't touch that im almost positive,I work for the city. Try the NCC or RVCA but call directly. The city doesn't pick up deer in waterways, we do roadside pickup and such but I've never heard of anyone retrieving one out of water.

.... so... fish it out and throw it on the road?

Craig
No contact the MNR or RVCA its there responsibility the City doesn't take care of waterways. We retrieve Deer when they have been hit roadside by vehicles and dispose of them.
biggs
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by biggs »

Called RVCA, they said to call MNR and they gave me a number.

Called MNR (kemptville office, I believe) and this is what I got......"we won't do anything about that". I said its just so close to a beach and I was told if it floats onto the city beach, the city will take care of it. Ah well, I tried.
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

biggs wrote:Called RVCA, they said to call MNR and they gave me a number.

Called MNR (kemptville office, I believe) and this is what I got......"we won't do anything about that". I said its just so close to a beach and I was told if it floats onto the city beach, the city will take care of it. Ah well, I tried.
Tie it to a city vehicle.

Craig
Daner
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Daner »

Is there a channel where I can get the Starsky and Hutch episodes?
Daner :roll:
A Fish a Day, will keep the Blues away!
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Not that you'd want to, but I would wonder with all the reg's, if it would even be legal for you to try to drag the deer out and get rid of it. The stink must be off the olfactory chart. Anyway, like you said, YOU TRIED!

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
Doug
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Doug »

I think you should remove the carcass yourself, and then make some gourmet meals out of it.

This video helps to explain how to eat rotten deer, although (WARNING!) it is rude and contains vulgar language:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n2ihhfnQ0U

Doug
fiiish
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fiiish »

I say push it out towards the locks, once it makes it into the canal, it will provide some good bait for catfish and carp fishing.
Or better yet, push it further out towards Hogs Back falls and get video footage of it doing a whitewater run!
That would be sweet. :character-beavisbutthead: