Canada Trip

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Joisey Joe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Canada Trip

Post by Joisey Joe »

Won't be at Griffins on Gananoque Lake til June 7th this year, will I need to change my Pike hunting tactics? Will the lake be much warmer?
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Canada Trip

Post by RJ »

Our spring is slow moving up here Joe. Water is still cool, you shouldn't have any issues with your old patterns is my bet!

RJ
Joisey Joe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Joisey Joe »

Thanks RJ, I was worried that the warmer weather might be a problem, here's hoping the Pike are active again this trip.
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Funny Joe. In a couple places I know that have pike, the weeds are up and thickening quick but the pike are scarce. Water temps around here are still pretty chilly too. Things are definetly behind the past couple years overall. The Bassassins lads nailed some pike this past w/e, maybe they can chime in and tell ya what the fish were smokin.
Joisey Joe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Joisey Joe »

Thanks Moose, it's been real warm here this week and I was wondering if that was the case up north. Since I'm heading up June 7th and not Friday as I normally do I was worried it would be too warm. I'm happy it's not.
Troller
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Troller »

Hey Joe,
You are still a couple of weeks away so the conditions might improve. I am leaving today for Picton for 4 days. I don`t know if I will be able to make it for that beer after June 7 but I am certianly going to try lol It is about 1.5 hours from where I live
I will let you know how we do:-)
Cheers
Dave
Joisey Joe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Joisey Joe »

Het T, good luck and it would be great to see you, I'll have the beers cold and the stogies hot! LOL!