Rock Guards

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Smitty
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Rock Guards

Post by Smitty »

I do a lot of trailering down some pretty rough roads...I was wondering if anyone has ever tried the rock guards on the market - I found one - but I am not sure if the grommets across the top would scratch the boat more than a rock??

http://www.allinflatables.com/shopping/ ... guard.html

I think Cabelas in the US sells something like this also...any help would be appreciated.

I am going to a lodge in Quebec in Sept - I am thinking about taking my boat but I would like to get something to protect it from the rough logging roads.

thanks
Sam
Laketrout
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Laketrout »

I think you would be better off with putting mud flaps on all your tire wells.
This guard would be know good on mine because it doesn't come up far enough on the boat,I'm getting rock marks on mine also and the mud flaps is the way i'm going to protect the HMCS Avro Arrow.
Smitty
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Smitty »

What kind of boat is the Avro Arrow - I have a 16.5ft princecraft - it is a 167SC - I have a few marks on the bow and in the pinstripe - I want to keep them to a minimum...I have seen the mudflaps that are on the trailer hitch - they also look good.
Laketrout
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Laketrout »

She be a Legend 16'8.
I'm getting marks on it up near the the #'s
I tow it with SUV
Peekay
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Peekay »

If you are trailering your boat to remote parts often, here is a link to a response by McQ, to a similar question posted on another website.....I would take what McQ says to the bank!!!!! The man fishes a lot in remote locations and has been doing it for many years.

http://www.walleyecentral.com/dc/dcboar ... 1176&page=

PK