Senko's, Cinko's....

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
ganman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Senko's, Cinko's....

Post by ganman »

What's the scoop on these things? I've seen them in stores and I see guys talking about them here. The other day I bought a couple packs of Cinko's in different sizes and colors. The tackle store guy told me they were just as good as Senko's and cheaper. He showed me how to rig 'em (hook in middle and Texas) and told me to just cast them out and let them settle to bottom and just be patient....don't move'em, just leave them be for as long as you can stand it.

I thought what the hell???...

Is that all there is to fishing them.....and should I have gotten the real McCoy (Senko's) instead of the knock off Cinko's?
Cancatchbass
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Cinko's

Post by Cancatchbass »

What you get when you pay for the original Senkos is a much lighter wallet. Your boat will go faster, allowing you to cover more water and catch more fish. :lol:

Seriously, though, the Cinkos cleaned up the last B.A.S.S. and Everstart on the St. Lawrence. Probably 2/3 of the top money winners used Cinkos -NOT Senkos.

The method he told you is basically correct. Not too exciting a presentation, but it works :?

CCB.
Rescue78
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rescue78 »

Hey GanMan

I started using Senkos last year and I was using the Brand name Senkos. Feels like everyone in the bag will catch fish. I used them on Louborough last nite and they worked great.

The real ones are expensive and and will not last long. They are nicknamed one fish bait for a reason. One bite and the bait is often wrecked.

Strike King makes a 3X version. Same colors are available, the sent on them is great (garlic) and they are undestructible. You can fish most part of the day with one.

There was mention about the brand name Senkos having amino acids in them, wich makes the bass hold on for ever. Body of mine landed a fish on a Strike King one yesterday and the fish wasn't even hooked. They hold on to it like crazy. I even missed a few strikes, left it there and they come right back at it. Good imitation is just as good.

The hardest thing with them is to make them do what they are supposed to do.....NOTHING. Sent it out and just wait, keeping an eye on your line for a tic. They even work at night. In strong wind, use a wacky hook. It's a hook with built in weight on the shank. That helps it get to the bottom.
Lucannus
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Lucannus »

Stick Baits

Tried them for the 1st time this year and put them through some tests, here is my opinion:

I love them! Crazy about them. But have found some particular interesting things about them.

Yamamoto Senko's - Everyone swears these are best and will catch more fish. Don't know about that, but they are the softest out there and I find them the best Wacky rigged as they have the best flutter or vibration in the water when they are just left to fall. With only the slightest twitch you can get them to move a very short bit and the ends undulate and even touch. So I will be using these for my Wacky Rig. My favorite Colour so far has been the Black & Blue and the Watermelon Green and chartreuse laminate.

Bass Pro Stick Baits - Liked these the least. Not much vibration, plastic is the toughest (in terms of soft gummy feel). Really didn’t enjoy them. When wacky rigged the snap back to stick bait in no time.

Wave Worm Tiki Boom Sticks (Something like this) - Most interesting colour. Some may even think to wild but the Green Swirl and the Black/Red/Yellow swirl look very similar to a Fire tiger pattern when rigged Texas style. I really enjoy using these for Weightless Texas rigging. They are big and fat and can be jerked like jerk bait, swam, left on bottom and even popped on top like a fluke minnow popping up on the surface. These are my most favorite colour Stick bait and also the only one I can really get a good scent from ( anise oil) The rest are salted or whatever, but when you open these Wave Worm bags you get that powerful whiff of Anise.

Reaction Innovation Ball Breaker's - These are neat. Shaped Stick Shape with Ball's on the end that when wacky rigged will out a big wobble in the bait as it falls or is twitched. When you Texas Rig it you pop off one ball and the other ends makes this rig do things you haven't seen. Makes the stick bait move in more of a natural worm squirm that you might see. I haven't caught anything with them, but I am convinced that these will be fantastic and I have stocked up on some. One of the purchases in the year you just have to try out because it’s a little wild.

My Conclusion so far. Love 'um. Fun to play and experiment with. Have caught Bass and Walleye on them. Original Senko's for wacky and Wave Worm's for Texas rigging. Ball Breaker's for a fun time.

The last thing to add is that they are soft and to tear easily. But there is a trick put one or two orings on them and slip the hook between the hook and the o-RIng. The hard part, finding O-Rings to fit the Senko!
ganman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ganman »

Wow......sounds like live bait. How did I fish this long without them.

I was watching guys fishing a tournament on Dog Lake last week and thats what they were all using. I'd like to say they were tearing it up but they weren't. I was fishing a texas rigged worm in the same water and doing as well. I overheard one guy who was using either a Cinko or Senko telling a guy in another boat he was catching mostly pike.....yet I have rarely caught a pike in that water even when using spinnerbaits and crankbaits.

Do they attract pike?

I'm heading off tomorrow for a solid week or so of fishing. By the time I get back I hope to be a fan of them.....I guess it just takes catching a few fish on'em.

Thanks for the info guys.
AverageAngler
Participant
Participant

Post by AverageAngler »

by far the best soft bait I have ever used. They catch fish like crazy!
Cheers'
--AA--
Tony
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Tony »

I started fishing them about 3 weeks ago when a stranded boater gave me a pack for helping him out. I must say they work well, experiment with colours and as mentioned do nothing, except feel for the lightest ticks on the fall. Also do not let the fish hold on too long, I've hooked many fish deep only giving them a one second count.

I have an idea which may prolong the life of these soft plastics although I forgot to field test it today so I don't know if it will work. I was thinking if you wrapped a thin band of tape around the middle where you wacky rig the worm and then hook through the tape... this may prevent tearing. I'm not sure if it will affect the number of strikes but I seriously doubt it. Any input on this? If I remember the tape it will be field tested Aug 1.
Big Bass Buddy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Big Bass Buddy »

Where can I get these so I can try them? How do you rig them and present them? thanks
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Senkos etc

Post by toobinator »

BBB: I carry Senkos, Cinkos, and several other clones at the store. I can also give you some rigging ideas. you can call at 774 2277 or 888 886 8815.

Ed Toobinator Puddephatt
Paddletales Tackle
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by M.T. Livewell »

I have a few different colours and brands. I love them but ...

I'm a ridiculously impatient fisherman. 5 casts and I know I never let them sit long enough. Then back to my spinner baits.

*Sigh* Gotta learn to slow down. :cry:

M.T. Livewell
DaveH
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by DaveH »

Yeah I'm a bit like MT...

I'm just not confident enough to let em sit... just not sure when or how to really use the soft plastics at all really...Gonna have to get out with someone who knows what they're doing with them I guess!! *L*
Snag
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Snag »

Rescue78 wrote:Strike King makes a 3X version. Same colors are available, the sent on them is great (garlic) and they are undestructible. You can fish most part of the day with one.
What are the strike king ones called?
sevendustfan#1
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by sevendustfan#1 »

they are called Strike Kind 3X Soft Baits and i have a package in front of me right now the 7.5 inch ribbon tail worm but they're available in different kinds and colours
BASSSTALKER
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BASSSTALKER »

Snag ther are called ZERO's and they stick! They do work well

I absolutly love tiki-sticks. They out preformed everything else I tryed.

Can't wait to get some more!

BASSSTALKER
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Snag...guess we'll have to go find some ZERO's and see how they work...
Bassstalker where did ya findem?