topwater walleye!!!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Jale
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

topwater walleye!!!

Post by Jale »

I was out with a friend yesterday and had some pretty decent catches of bass and pike.

We stuck around till after dark and the action really heated up. About 10:00 pm we were tossing jitterbugs in 2 feet of water in a back bay and boom! Thought i had a good smally untill the flashlight revealed a nice 22 inch walleye.

3 casts later boom a 20 inch walleye then followed by a couple of nice largies and smallies.

Anyone experience this before??

never thought i would catch walleye on topwater
Big Bass Buddy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Big Bass Buddy »

Never caught Walleye on Topwater. Heard of it, never experienced it.

Nothing like getting a top water strike in the middle of the night. heart pounding. Man need to get out at night............
FireFox
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by FireFox »

Was this by any chance on Mississippi lake ? Ive actually caught walleye topwater-ing for bass and pike on Mississippi lake on a number of occassions. Ive caught more walleye on topwater on that lake then any other way, but I havent spent very much time actively targetting them. Ive caught them on Tiny torpedos, Rebel Pop-R's and even got one on a snagproof frog. They were all right close into shore, surprising since there is probably just enough water there to cover the fish's back.

Fox
AverageAngler
Participant
Participant

Post by AverageAngler »

10-4 J.6666,
Walleye can be caught topwater in the Jock River! They love the top waters that have the "fur" at the tails.
Cheers'
--AA--
Xenos
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Xenos »

eye-tracker
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by eye-tracker »

Jale...

Walleye will actively feed in shallow water. I have caught lots of top water walleye on wind swept shores and at night with floating minnow plugs.
Sheldon Hatch
Just a guy that likes to fish walleye
Jale
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Jale »

actually it was clayton-taylor lake
BASSSTALKER
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BASSSTALKER »

Oh yah Jale. Got another one on FRI night with a super spook! :lol: :lol: 17" he kept tapping the chug bug and I thought it was a Rock bass. Changed up and bang! Makes #5 for me ! :lol: