Anyone fish Buckshot Lake???

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Dartee
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Anyone fish Buckshot Lake???

Post by Dartee »

Heading up to Buckshot Lake near Plevna with the family for a week starting july 31.

Has anyone fished that lake?

I've been told (by the lodge owner) the bass have been hot and Walleye not bad. Lakers & pike slow.

hopefully I can add some Walleye to my Team 3 points and cull some bass and pike.

Any info appreciated.. haven't fished for Walleye in over 15 yrs (ouch)
AverageAngler
Participant
Participant

Post by AverageAngler »

nice bass along the islands!
Cheers'
--AA--
Dartee
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dartee »

Thanks AA

What kind of size are we talking about with regards to the bass.. I have some culling to do (I hope)

Any idea on the walleye??
ArcticCat2

Buckshot Lake, one of my favs

Post by ArcticCat2 »

I love this lake, lots of great walleye and bass cover. Try the northern end, there is a back bay there sheltered from the rest of the lake, lots of LM bass in there, got a 6 # a couple of weeks ago. Also near there is a "cliff" wall, cast along and down to 20 25 feet, good walleye and SM location. Back towards the main lake there is a small lone island with lots of weed beds around it, again, good LM and SM locale. Near to the large portion of the lake is a small island with a marker buoy nearby. Troll slowly through there for walleye. Once you find the weedbed nearby, cast topwaters at dark for SM, lots of fun. In the southern bay there is an exposed rock pile there, good for LM, got another 6# 3 yrs ago. And on the north side of campers island is a good spot, look for water 20 to 25 feet deep near the exposed rocks and use crawfish or jigs for SM.
As I said one of my favorite lakes, wish my cottage was there, I'd have a blast.
BTW, if you are staying at Buckshot Lake camps, you will enjoy it, the owner if very friendly and helpful with the fishing advice. He loves to fly fish for SM and LM every night.
Have fun, great lake!
AverageAngler
Participant
Participant

Post by AverageAngler »

Last time I fished this lake I was hitting 15" smalls...Never caught any Walleye..mind you I didnt fish for them when I was there.
Good luck and have fun
Cheers'
--AA--
Dartee
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dartee »

Thanks for the pointers AA and AC2. I've printed the page and will be taking it with me.
We will be staying at Birch Lodge.

Will file a report when we get back (with pics and points I hope).