Weekend recap

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
DaveH
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Weekend recap

Post by DaveH »

Well did a bit of fishing on Saturday with my bro-in-law...but only had medium luck *laughs*

We actually caught about 15 fish but nothing worth reporting, best catch was a 9 inch rock bass that weighed in about 1.25 pounds.

Sadly nothing to add to Team 4 results though...Ahhh well maybe sometime this week...or for sure next weekend

Actually I'm officially on Holidays as of this weekend (for a week only) ... so I hope to get out a lot and get the new quarter started off with a bang...

So if anyone feels like fishing with a rookie next week, I'd be more than happy to go to school!!! I need it *L*
Todd B.
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Todd B. »

Feel free to give me a shout. I'm always up for some evening fishing during the week. While still techincally a shore fisherman, my preferred method is wading. After work I'm good anywhere on the Rideau from downtown upstream to Long Island.
"There wouldn't have been any butt kickings if that stupid death ray had worked."
DaveH
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by DaveH »

I'll fire ya off a pm later this week once I know my schedule!

I dunno if I'll be able to wade in with ya or not but I'm sure I could learn a number of things from ya!!

Cheers!!

Dave
Todd B.
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Todd B. »

A pair of old runners is a good start. You just have to be careful and make sure your footings are good before you step.
"There wouldn't have been any butt kickings if that stupid death ray had worked."
DaveH
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by DaveH »

Yeah that sounds about right!

If you and I hook up some night to fish, I'll bring a change of clothes *laughs*
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

Hey Dave,I have 2 pairs of neoprene waders and would be happy to lend you a pair so you can get out,the only thing is they are a 9 or size 10 :oops: If you can use a pair just lemme know.But neo's can be pretty warm so maybe a cooler night out there and you'll be fine.Hey if there is room I may even join :D

T.L F.F
DaveH
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by DaveH »

Not sure what the sizes mean... Is there a rough match to something like pant size??

As tempting as it is, I'm not sure about you joining me...I mean, I thought waders were for one person at a time??? I mean, I like ya, but I'm not sure that I wanna be strapped into the same pair of waders with ya...

Ohhhhhh... you meant fishing at the same time.... *DOH!!!!!*

heheh all kidding aside, if they might fit me I'd love to try em out sometime!!!
Todd B.
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Todd B. »

I think I'm gonna try my luck for a couple hours this evening. Give me a shout if show up.
DaveH
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by DaveH »

Hey Todd...

Sorry for not getting back to ya.. I've been stuck at work most evenings this week, and probably will be for the rest of the week *damn deadlines*

I'm off all next week though, so if you wanna hook up some night just let me know, I'll be keen to fish everyday next week!!!
Todd B.
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Todd B. »

Dave,

Sounds good. With the weather turning better, the SM should be biting good the remainder of the week and hopefully the weekend as well. I might have to hit Long Island again.
DaveH
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by DaveH »

I've been thinking about renting a boat from Hurst Marina for the week...not sure how comfortable I'll be fishing alone in a boat all week *laughs* But I might give it a go. I'Ll let ya know if I do, and we can always head out in that too!!