White Lake Report

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Bottoms Up
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

White Lake Report

Post by Bottoms Up »

Hit the water on Sunday around 11am from White Lake Marina. Tried our luck around Stewart and Andrews Islands nothing. Spent the afternoon fishing along Waba and Stanley island without any luck. Finally the heat went right to our head and we had to drop ancor and go for a dip !
Around dinner time we struck into some fish. Landed around a dozen 8-12 inch smallies on Texas rigged dark colored tubes. Things simmered off so we moved along Barrys island and pulled in a fair Pike on a 5 of diamonds spoon and 2 small Largies. Around 8:30 we were ready to head back so we stopped along Waba island and pulled in a 30" pike to end off the night.
All in all is was a fun day on the water ! Got a sun burn like none other but it was well worth it... Back to shore fishing tonight out at Petrie ! Again no luck. I must of went through my whole box tonight but couldn't come up with the right mix.
I'm heading back on the water Sat. early AM.. Any hot spots I should look into ?? We were thinking of heading on the Ottawa along Petrie but I would love to here other suggestions.

Cheers,
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

Traffic may be heavy on the Ottawa by Petrie on Sat,there is a BAOO tourney launching from Rockland and Was out tonight in Rockland and alot of boat traffic.Ive heard Constance Bay and the Head pond,have been doin alright as of late aswell.Though if you deside on the Ottawa,try the whole Quebec side just with the trolling motor or with the drift of the current and toss white willow or colorado blade spinner baits at the shore line,always hooked up with decent numbers and size aswell.Saturday I will be up at my cottage on the upper Rideau system goin for smallies and eyes,so if you r lookin for a different body of water to try send me a pm and Ill offer anything I can :D

Hope this helps,T.L F.F