Nicest bass this season

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
mmason
Participant
Participant

Nicest bass this season

Post by mmason »

My son and I took a drive down to Merrickville this afternoon to test the waters and were not disappointed - at 15 3/4" it's my best bass of the year

bostonwhaler
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Nicest bass this season

Post by bostonwhaler »

always nice to hear good results, especially from a father son trip
Hollywood catches more perch than me
mmason
Participant
Participant

Post by mmason »

Thanks, for a while there it seemed we were going to spend almost as much time driving as fishing. We tried a couple of areas around Manotick with no success, scooted over to Kemptville to try our luck and only managed a few sunfish, then decided to try Merrickville just upriver from the lock/dam on that little spit of land that separates the canal from the head-pond where we found some bass that could be enticed to bite. Very weedy with lots of lily pads and we were ever so appreciative of the guy at Sail who, earlier this season, introduced us to Senko worms and took the time to show us the Texas rig.

It's our first summer of southern shore fishing so we're still feeling our way around for different spots and the bait different fish like/want/will hit and (and I should have said this before) this forum has been a great help in that. At this point we're looking forward to that cooler water time when we're reading that the bigger bass and walleye like to come out and play.
riverdog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by riverdog »

bostonwhaler wrote:always nice to hear good results, especially from a father son trip
X2 good stuff!
Dcaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Dcaster »

Cool.