Looking for a place to fish on Friday

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Scum Frog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Looking for a place to fish on Friday

Post by Scum Frog »

I took Friday off to go fishing and my father is working so I'm out of a boat. Any suggestions on some shore fishing. grrrr...I need to get my own boat!
Todd B.
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Todd B. »

RRC,

Strictly shore fishing or is wading an option as well?
"There wouldn't have been any butt kickings if that stupid death ray had worked."
Scum Frog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Scum Frog »

I'm not afraid to get wet.
JimW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by JimW »

RRC,

I regularily shore/wade fish various parts of the Mississippi River and Clyde rivers with some success. I'm in the same boat, or lack there of, for Friday. I hope to get out somewhere on Friday to hit the shorelines for some fish.

JimW
Todd B.
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Todd B. »

RCC,

If you don't mind getting wet Fergusons Falls can be pretty good. Lots of smallmouth. You can fish upstream of the bridge or work your way all the way down to the edges of the lake.

As for directions. I believe it's on highway 115 though I can't recall for sure. If you take #7 to Perth from Carleton Place, you make a right at a church about 10 mins out of town. If you pass Boyds, you've missed the cut off.
"There wouldn't have been any butt kickings if that stupid death ray had worked."
Scum Frog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Scum Frog »

Thanks Todd...I know exactly where u are btalking about....thx
Scum Frog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Scum Frog »

Well I got out the waders and hit the Mississippi River in Carleton Place by the bridge on McNeely. Caught a bunch of smallmouth that I lost count. They were actualy a not bad size....the biggest being around 2lb.
The treat of the day was seeing a doe and 2 fawns cross the river behind me at about 30 yards while I was fishing. I did not see another angler and had that stretch of the river to myself all morning.

Cranks were the ticket .....they wanted nothing to do with plastics which was odd.