Help Bass Fishing On Charleston

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Kalli2004
Participant
Participant

Help Bass Fishing On Charleston

Post by Kalli2004 »

Hi..

My husband and I will be going to Charleston Lake this coming weekend, and never have fished there before for Bass. I was wondering if there's any tips or pointers anyone out there can give us? What seems to be the bait of choice for these lunkers? We will be using artificial and lures, not live bait. Are there any 'hot spots' we might want to try to find. I am not exactly sure where we will be launching the boat. Nor do we have a map of the lake, but if anyone knows where I can find one online, that'd be greatly appreciated as well. I don't see one in the map project here. But I will surf around the messages here, and maybe find one.

Thanks for any help
Rideaufish
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Rideaufish »

Welcome aboard not sure it will help well sure it will try senko type baits dont know the lake but if nothing else I got the post back up top.
Dartee
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dartee »

There are soooo many places for SM Bass on this lake.. Lots of rocky shore lines with easy access to deep water.

If your launching out of the park

As your leaving the bay (some LM in the bay) head to the left,, there is a marked shoal ,, fish the deep water side of it (the shoal has a hook shape so if trolling it can get you in trouble fast).

Also head a little further north to Frizzle Island (there is a sign post), there is a shoal that runs sort of parrallel to it.. starts at the marker the takes an angle towards the far end.. it has also been good at times.. Actually many areas around the islands (40 foot water near by)

I've gotten some LM bass out of the shallows in the Southern end near the Outlet and up in near Leeders Creek as well as Croziers Island (east side)to the right as you leave the park launch.

I've been using silver 3" williams spoons, and little cleos as well as silver rattling shads.

you will likely want a map..its a large lake (150+km of shore)
Kalli2004
Participant
Participant

Post by Kalli2004 »

Hi There

Thank you for the replies for my request for help on Charleston. We are hoping for the best!! We will be going there on Sunday morning. I do believe we are launching out of the park, at least that's where we plan to. Our normal baits of choice for the lakes we usually fish seem to be powerbait, as well as tubes, but I will make sure I have my williams spoons in the box this weekend to give them a try too. I've yet to have any luck with Senko's yet but still giving them a try. Could be because I am using "Yum Dingers" rather than the actual name brand LOL Not sure. Or I just haven't found the fish yet.

Last weekend I caught the biggest bass ever on Sydenham Lake, which is where we live near. It was 4 lbs 10 ounces, caught it at 7:15am and I was using a 10 inch powerbait, colour black. It just inhaled that thing and did it ever give a good fight!! I love bass fishin :)

Sounds like Charleston is a good lake though, I'm really looking forward to it!

Thanks again!!
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Hi Kalli2004

welcome to the board...good luck on your trip... Let us know how you did :D :D :D
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

If you see a Blue Princecraft with a girl reading and a guy fishing....that's Kim and I....swing by and say hi....we're in the park for a few days...

RJ
Cancatchbass
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Me too

Post by Cancatchbass »

I'll be on Charleston Saturday (in the Big Waters) from the crack of noon until ?

Red/Silver Stratos- two guys in the boat- no reading allowed...

CCB