Seattle WA fishing suggestions?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
tinbanger
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Seattle WA fishing suggestions?

Post by tinbanger »

Will be spending the last week of August in Seattle on buisness.
Will have limited free time (evenings) was wondering if anyone has any personnal experience re shore/pier fishing in the area.
Need Gear rental as well.
I will 'Google' it , but if anyone has any tips they will be appreciated.

Tinbanger
Rex Mundi
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rex Mundi »

I have never fished in Seattle, I could help you out with Victoria.

My suggestion is if you have the time and money to head up the coast and do a Salmon charter for some Kings (Chinook). I got one a few years ago in Victoria and it was the best tasting fish I have ever eaten.

I you need to pass some time in Seattle head right down to the water front in the down town core and go the the Crab Pot restraunt, a very unique dinning experience. Also you must go to the Pike Street Market and watch the guys at the Pike Street Fish Market toss the fish around (you have seen them on TV).
slushpuppy
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by slushpuppy »

I lived in Seattle for 18 months a little over 10 years ago. The only fishing I did was on a salmon charter. This one left early in the morning, don't know if they have any evening ones. Caught some nice salmon with my parents, had them smoked and canned at a local cannery for my parents' trip back home. I know some people from work did some fly fishing on some of the rivers, but don't know about the pier/shore fishing.

Good Luck! Seattle's a great place.
slushpuppy
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by slushpuppy »

Here is what my Seattle Survival Guide says (take note, this was printed in 1990, I mean, it lists the Kingdome as the top attraction :oops: )

"Elliott Bay Fishing Pier: Pier 86, west of the grain elevator, Enter via W. Galer and 16th Ave. W., has fish-cleaning stations, bait and tackle concessions, and a 400-foot pier. Whether you should eat what you catch is debatable."

check out the Port of Seattle website, I think there are other piers you can fish at

http://www.portseattle.org/community/re ... cess.shtml

Now, if you just want to "see" fish, they have an nice aquarium, not sure if it's open evenings.

Have fun!