Stoco Lake report

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Simmer
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Stoco Lake report

Post by Simmer »

Headed to Stoco lake in tweed today to mainly target muskie. Does anyone if there are any muskie in there, cause we didn't see any :? .

My budy from toronto had some info on the lake, had some spots marked up on the lake and was told that it has a good population of musky, so we met him there. The day started dark with heavy rain and the wind picked up a bit, but warm. pretty good muskie weather, no? we thought so, but someone forgot to tell the muskie in stoco that. Targeted some bass and pike for a break and managed to get a couple, to make the trip worth while. There was this great weedy bay that was glass cause it was out of the wind. Had some fun on topwater in there, and saw, we think, a musky swimmin around half out of the water, just to add insult to injury.
Anyway, on the drive back we asked ourselves, again, why we travel to target muskies when we are spoiled with a world class fishery is in our back yard. Stubborn I guess ....

ps - if someone happens to catch a muskie there wearing a cheap pair of sunglasses, they're mine. note to self (again): don't put glasses on ball cap :x .

Post by Guest »

Simmer... Stocco is a great bosy of water. I fished there for the first itme last year and caught 3 muskies in 5 hours without any knowledge of the lake. Biggest fish was 44"
Simmer
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Simmer »

there's a slap in the face :shock: :lol: . We tried everything, spinners on top, body baits down low, shallows, deep, fast, slow. We trolled 90% of the time, do you think throwing makes a difference? Marked maybe a handful of big hooks...maybe we just didn't find them. Oh well, thats why they call it fishing!
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

I don't know Stoco Lake....but I beleive it is around the Kawarthas....same type of lake anyways....I founf fish in the shallows...thick weeds...try that next time maybe?

RJ
Simmer
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Simmer »

Thanks RJ. Will try that if we head our heads again and travel 2 hours for a lesser fishery.

Post by Guest »

Simmer ... I caught all my fish casting. 1 on a bucktail , one on a crank bait and another on a favorite plastic bait,,, 2 were caught near the red barn
Tony
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Tony »

I fished a derby there 2 or 3 weeks ago and didn't target muskies for more than half an hour of it but did see 2 over 40" swimming by. Also saw a boat which landed a 44", they were working big floating jerkbaits.

Post by Guest »

Simmer I will be there fishing the 12-14th... hope to catch a couple of fish!
Simmer
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Simmer »

good luck, crazy! After some debriefing with my budy, I think maybe the all day rain was the culprit for the skunk .... going to try the ottawa tonight for some ski's, hopefully this cold front doesn't hurt us. LMK how you make out on stoco!
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Hey Simmer......I got all my fish in an all day rain.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry to burst your bubble again!

RJ