Algonquin Park

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Algonquin Park

Post by smitty55 »

Just a heads up for anyone considering going to the park this spring. The park is closed until May 9 this year. Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
Troutskiii
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Algonquin Park

Post by Troutskiii »

I'm heading up May 10-17 for a canoe/fishing trip.
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

Good luck with your adventure. I hope you're not too early with the late ice out but at least the bugs should be ok. Chances are the waters will be high and cold. Have fun.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
Troutskiii
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Troutskiii »

We have friends in the area who are keeping an eye on conditions for us. We are heading way up the nippising river, one of the more remote areas of the park. Gotta put the work in if you want the nice specks!
William Baker
Participant
Participant

Post by William Baker »

Troutskiii wrote:We have friends in the area who are keeping an eye on conditions for us. We are heading way up the nippising river, one of the more remote areas of the park. Gotta put the work in if you want the nice specks!

I love Fishing and every year i go to the nippising river. I hope this year will be rock. I always make my tour with e cigarette and this year we take as many as we can.
Last edited by William Baker on Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

William Baker wrote:I always make my tour with e cigarette and this year we take as many as we can.
Welcome to the forums.

Good idea with the E-smokes, but I'm a tad confused on the last part. When you say "take" do you mean keep your limits? As opposed to other years? Just curious.
Troutskiii wrote:We are heading way up the nippising river, one of the more remote areas of the park. Gotta put the work in if you want the nice specks!
I'm somewhat surprised that in a high quality, remote park like Algonquin you still have to go that far back. I guess it depends on one's definition of "nice specks". Many would be real happy with 2-3 lbs while others need the 4-5+ to know they've caught the biggest . Btw how long of a paddle is it to get that far back? And how big do they get?

Have fun with your trip guys. I look forward to some nice pics.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
Troutskiii
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Troutskiii »

I enjoy the fishing as much as I enjoy the paddle to get to "the spot". All about the adventure for me, from where we put the canoes in the water its about a 32-35km paddle with a few decent portages mixed in. That's why we go in for a week, wouldn't be worth while for any shorter amount of time.
lapointeric
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by lapointeric »

Troutskiii wrote:I enjoy the fishing as much as I enjoy the paddle to get to "the spot". All about the adventure for me, from where we put the canoes in the water its about a 32-35km paddle with a few decent portages mixed in. That's why we go in for a week, wouldn't be worth while for any shorter amount of time.
Nice! That's a pretty good paddle. Would love to hit up the Park for longer than 3-4 days.

E