lavant long lake

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
andrew1234
Participant
Participant

lavant long lake

Post by andrew1234 »

Just looking for some information on this lake. Id like to go there tge weekend before may long weekend. Not looking to fish, so you dont need to give up your honey hole, just wondering peoples opinion on the lake. It looks like you can get in it from the k and p but the road from the k and p to the lake. How rough is it. You all can pm me if you want.

Thanks,

Abdrew
Troutskiii
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: lavant long lake

Post by Troutskiii »

Most of the trails up that way are all washed out, I was up there a few days ago. Some of the trails are not even passable right now, culverts are poped, big sink holes etc....

What type of vehicle do you drive?
andrew1234
Participant
Participant

Post by andrew1234 »

I have a crap old dakota Rwd and a newer 4x4 escape. Think they will be in better shape in two weeks? I know tge k and p gets flooded just after mile lake but never really ventured too far out. Past there
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

There used to be a 4x4 road into the lake way back but if you can even find it amid all the other trails it's at best a quad trail now from what I saw 2 years ago. Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
Troutskiii
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Troutskiii »

You wouldn't stand a chance with a 2wd Dakota or an Escape on the trail. If you don't have an atv
You would have to heel toe it in and its a good clip off the kp.

With the condition of the trails I saw I doubt very much they will be passable by anything but a quad even in 2 weeks, going to take a bunch of work to get the culverts reset, fill
In the holes etc....
calaboggler
Participant
Participant

Post by calaboggler »

I drive a 4x4 ranger an I got into Levant longlake a couple years ago but it rained alot & man we barely made it out, definite better to hike in if you don't have a quad, you maybe even able to get a canoe down the creek at the east end, or even bushwack from there, much closer access from the forest access road and skip the nasty quad trail entirely. Besides, I heard one of the landowners put a chain across the trail futher in. Or just buy the place for yourself!:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-land-for-sale/ot ... nFlag=true
andrew1234
Participant
Participant

Post by andrew1234 »

Where is forest access road? I also heard you can pick up a road ? I heard there was a roadconming from govan lake road
bl8ant
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bl8ant »

Good link to have. I'm not much help other than that!
http://www.giscoeapp.lrc.gov.on.ca/web/ ... iewer.html
calaboggler
Participant
Participant

Post by calaboggler »

The forest access road is the gravel road coming in that way from the K&P by Clyde forks. Maybe 2km it takes a sweeping U bend, right at the bottom of the U there is a trail going down to the creek which leads to Lavant long. Once it was high & looked navigable, another time was barely a trickle choked with veg. Dunno if you can canoe in from there but worth a try , this path does not go closer but the waters only about 300m away, you can hike in. The quad trail starts past the U and goes for a long ways, roundabout too not direct and gets to the lake way farther west after some real rough patches. Never heard of getting in from the Govan side certainly not by truck, but who knows with all the logging there might be a new road.
Troutskiii
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Troutskiii »

The way calaboggler described is the only way in I know of. Not aware of any trails coming in from the govan side at all, you would be looking at some serious bushwackin on foot to get there.
andrew1234
Participant
Participant

Post by andrew1234 »

Thankyou everyone for your input. I love this board and the people on here are awesome! I hope you all have a wonderful may long weekend. I know i will be. I think im going to be camping at the wabun/madawaska spot with day trips with plenty of exploring. If you see a rusty old dakota up there with a tim hortons bumper sticker, or a nice new ford escape with a retarded cat bumper sticker(dont ask lol) come say hi. I will most likely be at the madawaska river off the wabun lake access