ummm Hi, my name is Kerrazy... and I am a fishaholic

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Kerrazy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

ummm Hi, my name is Kerrazy... and I am a fishaholic

Post by Kerrazy »

Ok, so I have had the pleasure of heading away for a few days each spring for a walleye trip to lake Nipissing, with a great bunch of guys. Last year I was not able to attend but the year before's results were unbelievable. 142 fish amongst 5 guys over 4 evenings of fishing. Literally unbelievable.
That was typically it for me for fishing for the season. 4 days fishing and I was satiated for the year.

Well last spring I could not attend, and for some reason, I got hit by the fishing bug. That bite, has literally festered since.

While, i previously had only one rod, a Fenwick I have used for 20 years, and a handful of jigs and lures, since last spring I completely went OCD.
As you can see I joined this forum a mere 11 months ago, and in this time I have amassed quite collection of equipment.

Having just purchased a standing rod holder, from a fellow fish hawker over the weekend, I went down and thought well let's see how bad it is.....

Oh it is not good, and I may need to rethink my decision to store my rods on it, as now my wife will surly see how bad my addiction has become. As of this morning I have 8 rods proudly displayed.

I also moved from a good size Plano tackle box to a large 3700 series guide box.. the big boy, and it is loaded loaded loaded. as is the original plano box.

I have also amassed a collection of reels including some of my main stays a real nice Stradic CI4 3000F (freakin' love it!) a Pflueger Echelon bait caster and Daiwa Megaforce bait caster. The bait casters are ok, and I love the fact they are like winches, when retrieving fish, yet I feel a nice Abu in my future,,, Mom's the word on that folks

in one short year, I do not even wish to consider money spent on fishing, and this is only year one.........

I am finding myself watching currents slow down on the ottawa, and my excitement is building.....

I am so addicted, I was out on trim road the other day twice, and mad each time, as I really wanted to stop in at Ozile's and check out their store while I was there, yet each time I got pulled away to see clients in a different part of the city. Frankly it was a blessing in disguise... as I am sure I would have left with a little something..LOL

SO all this being said. Hi, my name is Kerrazy, and I am a fishaholic. And damn it! I am ok with it, now if I could just figure out how to make a living at it, maybe my wife will be a little more supportive of my addiction. LOL

While many on here are looking for sponsors, I may need a Fishaholic Sponsor, rather than a corporate sponsor...
Feel free to add how you morphed from being a one rod kinda person, to a full on fishaholic. Remember,The first step to recovery is admitting it.

Kerrazy
Kerrazy

"Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll Go Fishing!"- Thoreau
I'd like to thank my sponsors:
Interac - Be in the Black
Jerry, my neighbour, who foolishly leaves his shed and truck open, so I can try all the latest gear!
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: ummm Hi, my name is Kerrazy... and I am a fishaholic

Post by TheMaverick »

I smiled and gazed through this post as it rejuvenated memories, the ones where I used to lay all my combos on the floor, the ones where I re-arranged the tackle box 5 times a week, the ones where I took 1 hrs dumps with the Bass Pro catalogues pondering what my next purchase would be.

Wait……Come to think of it, I still do all these things as of today.

My name is Marc, and I’m also a Fishaholic **In Denial** Edited, thanks Jon
Last edited by TheMaverick on Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
Kerrazy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Kerrazy »

Ok so I swear to god I do not have two aliases on Fish-Hawk. But Mark, I totally do that.
I truly could have typed that lol.
Kerrazy
Kerrazy

Jerry, my neighbour, who foolishly leaves his shed and truck open, so I can try all the latest gear!
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

I'm Shawn and I'm also a fishaholic :mrgreen: ,

spend at least 30mins every day in my yard casting to the other side of the street...

It's spreading like wild fire because my roommate and neighbor, who used to laugh at me, are now doing it too! :lol: :lol: :lol:
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
Kerrazy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Kerrazy »

Welcome Shawn,
You are not alone. Just a word of caution, do not attach any Jerk baits and ensure you guys stand in a line, for fear of being accused of starting a circle jerk.
Play safe.
Kerrazy

jona38
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by jona38 »

I'll admit I'm a yard caster as well. I get a lot of strange looks but I really don't give a $h!t. Kerrazy, don't admit you have a problem, recovery is a step in the wrong direction!!! Live in denial and you'll find yourself with all the wicked stuff the fishing world has to offer. That's what I do!!! Jon.
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

I'm Jimmy

I like to fish

But I do not spend hours re-org'ing my tackle box and stuff.

I like salt water fishing and river monster kinda stuff.
big_al_395
Participant
Participant

Post by big_al_395 »

My boat is in the front yard, and I sit in it rearranging tackle and practice baitcasting.

I too have a problem. The wife thinks it's serious.
CSI-WALLEYE
Participant
Participant

Post by CSI-WALLEYE »

I have an entire room devoted to my fishing gear.......but that doesn't mean I have a problem. I could quit any time......
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

-I found myself rigging up worms,craws and other baits while watching TV last night...
Tying everything on, like a 12" worm on a 6 O hook, sinker, perfectly setup and tear it all off and start again...

I'm going bonkers.. :lol:
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by CNs »

Kerrazy wrote:O
Having just purchased a standing rod holder, from a fellow fish hawker over the weekend, I went down and thought well let's see how bad it is.....

Oh it is not good, and I may need to rethink my decision to store my rods on it, as now my wife will surly see how bad my addiction has become. As of this morning I have 8 rods proudly displayed.

I also moved from a good size Plano tackle box to a large 3700 series guide box.. the big boy, and it is loaded loaded loaded. as is the original plano box.

While many on here are looking for sponsors, I may need a Fishaholic Sponsor, rather than a corporate sponsor...
Feel free to add how you morphed from being a one rod kinda person, to a full on fishaholic. Remember,The first step to recovery is admitting it.

Kerrazy
Only 8 combos, and ONE tackle box?

you sir are a lightweight. Talk to us (and you guys know who you are (The Maverick, StarTzar, Lape0019, Cdn-Basshunter, Plowjock, BradGuennette, Biggs, and all you other tackleHoes) when you get over 15 combos, and still want more. Talk to us when you take a weekend to organize your tackle and still can't catalogue all of it. Talk to us when you start considering that 600$ for a reel isn't that much because it will go nicely with another NRX/Megabass - name your high end rod here. eh you might have a problem!

If you stop now you may get out alive hehehehe
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

Butch420 don't even try hidding in the shadows, we welcome you with open arms! Would you care to share? Lolol
Butch420
Participant
Participant

Post by Butch420 »

Tempting, I kinda like the shadows...
Lol
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

Butch420 wrote:Tempting, I kinda like the shadows...
Lol
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Lvace
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Lvace »

A addict only needs to start with only ONE!! Then next thing you know you need another and another regardless of price or amount you have....... I have found myself buying a drop shot combo from the dollar store :oops: but in my defense they sell the same thing at sail for 7$ more. Yesterday I had a few hours to kill and was near Lebarons so I decided to pop in just to take a peek and not to buy anything...ya right! I ended walking out with some new Savage Gear lures :shock: I to am an addict and the fact I am willing to even go out in -40 weather on frozen water with a manual 8inch auger in 40+ inches of ice just to get my fix is starting to scare me as to how low I am willing to go to indulge! Now that my daughter is old enough "3 1/2" and keeps asking me to go fishing will only make it worse. HELP!