Pike/Walleye Opener on the Larry?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
MTF
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Pike/Walleye Opener on the Larry?

Post by MTF »

I wasn't able to get out for the pike/walleye opener this weekend but planning a trip later in the week. I'm excited as its been a loooong winter and I picked up a new Lund this spring that I'm dying to get wet.

Just curious if anyone else went out on the St. Lawrence this past weekend and how the pike and walleye bites were? I was surprised not to to see any reports this morning.
Wishing I was fishing
riverdog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Pike/Walleye Opener on the Larry?

Post by riverdog »

I was out Saturday & Sunday & caught both Walleye & Pike wasn't really trying for Pike but whatever lol. As mentioned the Walleye were a little slow we had 6 in the boat Saturday & 8 Sunday we only fished from 5am till 11:30 each day. I heard there was a good Pike bite happening around Johnstown in the big bay. Good luck.
Fishing the St.Lawrence 12 months a year!
MTF
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MTF »

Thanks Riverdog. I was hoping to target both eyes and pike, but if I find the walleyes still spawning as mentioned in another thread here I'll focus on the pike. Anyone have any lure recommendations for larger pike? I like catching big pike but absolutely hate hammer handles lol
Wishing I was fishing
water-werx.ca
Participant
Participant

Post by water-werx.ca »

yes other post thread, it's been a FEMALE PRE-SPAWN Slaughter unfortunately

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=45466

Try large bucktail jigs, tiped with twister trailers for pike
I can't find my Sharpie