Looking for fishing spots and tips Ottawa river

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
TNT
Participant
Participant

Looking for fishing spots and tips Ottawa river

Post by TNT »

Looking for fishing spots on the Ottawa river between the Gatineau river and behind parliament hill and which kind of bait to use. Thanks
scarkner
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Looking for fishing spots and tips Ottawa river

Post by scarkner »

For someone that has been on the board for 6 years, but has only a few posts... all asking for something, might I suggest that you try to "give back" before asking people to share their treasured fishing spots and tips? You may find you have better luck "fishing" on this site that way :P
TNT
Participant
Participant

Post by TNT »

Holly crap ** I'd be better off not wasting my time. What an ignorant thing to say to someone who rarely gets to fish and was hoping to get out a few times this year in that area. Buddy *********

Edited for civility - TBA
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

1 - consider changing the language of your post. Moderators do not take kindly to name calling and harsh language...

2 - I don't think you will get many people providing this info on an open forum. You might get a few Pm's though so good luck. My suggestions would be to contact Yannick and his guides services. He guides the ottawa all of the time and will guarantee you some fish if you use him.
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

Sparkner ignites TNT :angry-devil: and Adam puts him out :angry-extinguishflame:
BAA - 2016 Team 18 (10 shy of 28)
Renegade Bass - 2013 Team 67 - 2014 Team 28 - 2015 Team 51
BAA (Great organization) 2011 and 2012 Team 7
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

TNT wrote:Holly crap--bum bum--- I'd be better off not wasting my time. What an ignorant thing to say to someone who rarely gets to fish and was hoping to get out a few times this year in that area. Buddy your a jerk.
Holly crappies ---assholism---- I'd be better off not wasting my time fishing near Gatineau. Then again, would it be an ignorant thing to say for someone who rarely gets to fish and is hoping to get out a few times this year in the area? Buddy use Jerkbaits.

Pm sent! lolol
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
scarkner
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by scarkner »

TNT wrote:Holly crap--bum bum--- I'd be better off not wasting my time. What an ignorant thing to say to someone who rarely gets to fish and was hoping to get out a few times this year in that area. Buddy your a jerk.
It was meant as friendly advice on how to make friends.

Your previous post asking people to share their spots with you didn't include a single reply or even a "thanks for your help".

Consider it an invitation to join in the board discussions and have fun getting to know people!
Kerrazy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Kerrazy »

clearly you name is indicitive of you explosive personality.
anywhooooo,
How about telling us what you are looking for in the way of fish, and some of your usual spots, that you have tried, either successfully, or unsuccessfully. Atleast it may seem more like an effort situation, versus a self serving one.
I appreciate your frustration, (well not really) but, as you are asking for help, it may be wise to respectfully respond, to the only fellow at that point who at least took time to respond to your post.
Good luck, and hopefully you are a wise enough person, to learn from this hiccup, as there are many young anglers who view this site, and like you would like to be successful on the Ottawa River, and I am sure they too would appreciate the information being offered.
Kerrazy
Kerrazy

"Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll Go Fishing!"- Thoreau
I'd like to thank my sponsors:
Interac - Be in the Black
Jerry, my neighbour, who foolishly leaves his shed and truck open, so I can try all the latest gear!
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

I'll give up a few (as they have also been published MANY times over and in OOD Magazine).

1) Victoria Island: Channel cats and walleye
2) Rideau Locks: Cats, walleye and in the locks the odd trout!
3) Rideau falls: Walleye, Long nose gar, bass and muskie
4) Behind the SCOC: Walleye
5) Bike path bridge on fournier (Gatineau): Drum, Cats, walleye, gar, carp

That's 5. I'll leave baits and tactics up to you to figure out.
I'd suggest Googling "Ottawa + Urban + Fishing" and read the article. It even gives you bus routes!

I get that some folk have a hard time getting out and opportunities are limited (I'm in the same proverbial "BOAT")
TNT
Participant
Participant

Post by TNT »

Thanks Jimmy
TheDon
Participant
Participant

Post by TheDon »

Hi TNT,

I was wondering if you have any spots to recommend. I was looking for a spot where my kids can find non-stop action, my grandmother can catch fish and I can make a youtube video of my dog catching a fish. Thanks for sharing your spots with me- I don't get out much.
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

TheDon wrote:Hi TNT,

I was wondering if you have any spots to recommend. I was looking for a spot where my kids can find non-stop action, my grandmother can catch fish and I can make a youtube video of my dog catching a fish. Thanks for sharing your spots with me- I don't get out much.
Problem solved man!

http://www.canpages.ca/page/QC/val-des- ... 24800.html

I don't think any asians will hit you with their fishing rod here! Not sure if they'll allow your dog to jump in the ponds though!

:wink:
GuinnessGuy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by GuinnessGuy »

TNT wrote:Looking for fishing spots on the Ottawa river between the Gatineau river and behind parliament hill and which kind of bait to use. Thanks
There a guy who owns a bait shop in Hull, goes by the name of Méo, that will tell you: "c'est dans l'eau que ça ce passe!". I think his point is that there is no use asking for spots, if you don't spend time on the water.

I've been flamed on this site before for asking others to STOP posting their spots, unless they are already widely known. A lot of the spots I go to I had to put in hours and hours to find and explore. If fishing was only about catching, it would be called catching. Put in the time.

There's only one way to get spots out of me: volunteer your boat for the day and take me fishing.If we use your boat, we'll go to my spots. If we use my boat, we'll go to your spots.

As for calling other members here names, you'll attract more bees with honey. The list of spots Jimmy_1 gave is a great starting point, but you won't be the only one at those spots.
TheDon
Participant
Participant

Post by TheDon »

Jimmy_1 wrote:
TheDon wrote:Hi TNT,

Problem solved man!

http://www.canpages.ca/page/QC/val-des- ... 24800.html

I don't think any asians will hit you with their fishing rod here! Not sure if they'll allow your dog to jump in the ponds though!

:wink:
Where should I fish within the hatchery?? (GPS coordinates if possible) also which bait should I use? I know that hatchery fish are often incredibly selective. Also, may I get it in writing that I will not be beaten with a fishing rod?
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

I personally go at night.

I use a giant spotlight to look into the spawning ponds and look for the biggest fish.

I then spear them....especially like spearing BIG walleye!

:lol:

Sarcasm folks!