Looking for fishing spots and tips Ottawa river

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
lapointeric
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Looking for fishing spots and tips Ottawa river

Post by lapointeric »

TheMaverick wrote:
Is this going to be one of them threads again....you know, the reminiscing emotional what Fish-Hawk used to be thread?

You should have seen it. It was wonderful.

Even despite Paul's bird pics.

E
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

TheMaverick wrote:....Paul, please bring back the bird pics!
Your wish is my command.......

There will be an influx of Great Grey Owls in the winter of 2017
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

Did someone say bring back the bird pics :wink: :D

CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by CNs »

Jimmy_1 wrote:Nah Eric

We usually read 100+ blow-hard posts about pricey equipment or videos that have 0 to do with the topic at hand...

I digress....

The guy wanted some advice.

Some folk on here have kids, careers etc that do not permit them hours of time on the water.
I too would look for helpful hints and resources if my precious free time out to fish is very limited.

Nobody wants to spend a ton, have a few hours here and there only to be wasting their time.

If this were a mechanic board for example I highly doubt someone would get all moody and tell someone to figure it out themselves over a carb tweaking question.
Wow! Coming from a guy who had been banned before the crash. You post on almost all the threads, and some of the post are designed to get a rise.

If you want to compare his post to something else, a board about cars and how to tweak a carb is not the same. This is more about meeting people. If you went to a show and shine/car show etc, you would not go up to any random guy and immediately ask him to show/explain how to tweak a carb without engaging in some car talk first. You don't go up a to a group of people and demand info without exchanging pleasantries. Its called introductions.
Like any group to get something from it you have to give something first.

If you had seen the OP previous posts you would have seen that his first post was the same question in 2008 a kinder and gentler Fish-hawk time, and he got no responses then. I was tempted to respond like scarkner but could not be bothered to help someone who just wanted a free handout.

and he got a response back then and did not acknowledge the help he got. If the OP had made any effort he coul have searched the boards for the Ottawa river and found all sorts of tips and spots. I would post a link to his original post but......
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

CN

With all due respect.

1) Mav AND Star were also both banned before the crash.
2) I was the one who posted some tips. The OPI did thank me.

3) No, actually if you read majority of my posts they are VERY positive or they are to solicit advice. (TO which I give via replies or PMs).
BrookieJunkie
Participant
Participant

Post by BrookieJunkie »

Since the crash, Mav, Star, and Jimmy, all members who were banned from the site, magically returned... :-o

As of now, all 3 are on the list of top 10 posters this month and every other month for that matter.

Since the crash, a bunch of very active members, some whom would contribute awesome fishing reports on a regular basis are now MIA or rarely show up on here anymore.

Coincidence? :lol:
CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by CNs »

Not so much coincidence, but a lot of passwords needed to be reset and some did not bother to reset or re-register.

I have been on this board since its inception from the fish-hawk map project to the present. I have seen groups/people come and go. Some were legendary (BBR Big Bass Rich ) some legendary in thier own minds (BBB444 ) Several went off to start thier own sites (Fishing buddies, Fishing-Canada etc) Some moved, some just stopped posting. Some will come back.

Its entertainment
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

BrookieJunkie wrote:MIA or rarely show up on here anymore.
Come to think of it, it sure has been a while since I've seen Todd or Denis :roll:
If I may suggest, a new panel of mods would probably alleviate Craig's efforts......Norm? Dale?
I do miss Jocco's kayak reports!
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
Kerrazy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Kerrazy »

I guess the bite is still not that great, as cabin fever is still taking hold.
I know I am a new member here, only one year under my belt, but.... While StarTzar, Maverick and Jimmy do post frequently, I appreciate their comments, and advice.
Frankly, on many occasions they are the only ones to reply.
I may not agree with a posters' comments, and I have found in life , no matter how high I get up on my soap box, those folks may never change to my way of thinking, so I don't typically try and offer my advice on how they should conduct their life.
Instead of throwing current contributors under the bus, what say we discuss fishing.
Cheers,
Kerrazy
Kerrazy

"Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll Go Fishing!"- Thoreau
I'd like to thank my sponsors:
Interac - Be in the Black
Jerry, my neighbour, who foolishly leaves his shed and truck open, so I can try all the latest gear!
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

BrookieJunkie wrote:Since the crash, Mav, Star, and Jimmy, all members who were banned from the site, magically returned... :-o

As of now, all 3 are on the list of top 10 posters this month and every other month for that matter.

Since the crash, a bunch of very active members, some whom would contribute awesome fishing reports on a regular basis are now MIA or rarely show up on here anymore.

Coincidence? :lol:
Yes we are back and still very active. Here and in the community.
I sure do miss 24/7
Bass Addict would make a terrific Moderator.
BAA - 2016 Team 18 (10 shy of 28)
Renegade Bass - 2013 Team 67 - 2014 Team 28 - 2015 Team 51
BAA (Great organization) 2011 and 2012 Team 7
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

All of the names mentioned were once huge contributors to this site. Even Craig's post count has slipped. Priorities change and people get busy.

I still enjoy the site for what it is and get on with my day. I do hope to see more 24/7 reports this summer and hopefully Mav can catch a few more big fish and post those pics because I am getting tired of seeing the same picture over and over again. :lol: :banana-tux:
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

lape0019 wrote:hopefully Mav can catch a few more big fish and post those pics because I am getting tired of seeing the same picture over and over again
If there not Bass, I ain't posting them! ;)

If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
Kerrazy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Kerrazy »

TheMaverick wrote:
lape0019 wrote:hopefully Mav can catch a few more big fish and post those pics because I am getting tired of seeing the same picture over and over again
If there not Bass, I ain't posting them! ;)

Mav,
Don't be photoshopping jimmies pics dude.
:o
Kerrazy

"Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll Go Fishing!"- Thoreau
I'd like to thank my sponsors:
Interac - Be in the Black
Jerry, my neighbour, who foolishly leaves his shed and truck open, so I can try all the latest gear!
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

TheMaverick wrote:
BrookieJunkie wrote:MIA or rarely show up on here anymore.
, it sure has been a while since I've seen Todd or Denis :roll:
If I may suggest, a new panel of mods would probably alleviate Craig's efforts......
1.I believe Denis has SELF DESTRUCTED !

2.Craig is more than on his way to Self destruction ! ie...He cancelled fishing again this weekend, something to do with a '' Honey to do list '' !!!!' :oops: :oops: :roll:

3. Fishing 24/7 has lost his marbles ( little that he had ) and is now like a 16 year old Girl. He puts his reports on Face book :oops: :icon-ugeek: :angry-screaming:

4. Smitty55 hands down for becoming a Moderator 8)
lapointeric
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by lapointeric »

Where's that elder fellow who used to drive everyone crazy with his lectures about holding bass? Now HE was entertaining. FlyBob? Bobfly?

E