Which Crucial to buy?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
MuskieWannabe
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Which Crucial to buy?

Post by MuskieWannabe »

I am debating a new rod after a tough season last year and am looking at a Crucial; from everything I have heard I think I want to go with a Crucial. My questions is which one do I buy. I need a spinning version to cast senko's and tubes and troll crankbaits (like Berkley Flicker shad's 5/16 oz, and Rapala Shad Rap), will also sometimes troll and cast an x-rap with it, 7/16 oz. (yes troll an x-rap, dynamite for early morning walters along shore!)

It is going to be an all-around bass/walleye rod. I do have another rod for spinners and other crankbaits but I will use this one to troll with.

I have a few different options and I want to make sure I get the best one.

I like the 7'2" Medium/fast action for 1/3-3/8oz but not sure if I would be better off with the 6'8" Medium/Extra Fast action for 3/16-5/8oz. I do like the longer length though, and I want something I can get a good cast with. I don't think I need a medium heavy; anyone with better experiences than myself with these and which I should choose?

Thanks for the help,

MW
Jason Daoust
Participant
Participant

Re: Which Crucial to buy?

Post by Jason Daoust »

I personally like longer rods. You should go to paddletales they had some on sale and Ed would be able to set you up nicely.
Of all the liars in the world fishermen are the most trustworthy!
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

Jason Daoust wrote:I personally like longer rods. You should go to paddletales they had some on sale and Ed would be able to set you up nicely.
X2 :idea:
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
xped
Participant
Participant

Post by xped »

Jason Daoust wrote:I personally like longer rods. You should go to paddletales they had some on sale and Ed would be able to set you up nicely.
Yes...good advice! I picked up a second Crucial from Paddletales just recently. I can say that Ed had a better discounted price and a better selection of the Crucials than stores here in Ottawa.
MuskieWannabe
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by MuskieWannabe »

Found it and picked it up from Ed...I ended up with a 7’6” Crucial Medium action extra fast tip and for a great price. Should get a good workout this weekend! Thanks again Ed!