Kawartha Lakes Walleye/Bass Update...

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Slayingm
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Kawartha Lakes Walleye/Bass Update...

Post by Slayingm »

With all the warmer summer weather we have been enjoying the past few weeks that has allowed all the weedbeds to grow and setup perfect for holding lots of bait, Walleye and Bass! I am usually on the water guiding 4 days a week and the fishing action for Walleye has remained good and steady. Most of my fish are coming off of deep weed and rock or hard bottom transitions and off rocky points and humps and are getting most of the fish in the 10 to 20ft range. Jig and grubs in smoke and white along with plastic minnow type baits have produced the majority of fish.

We are finding Largemouth bass in schools now is some of the big weedbeds and I focus our attention on points and inside turns. Smallmouth Bass continue to slam jerkbaits, tube jigs and also drop-shots baits. Most of the better smallie action is taking place in good rock and weed mixed area's in the 6 to 12ft ranges. With the group I had out on Balsam lake this Tues even under the hot sunny weather we still managed to boat 10 nice Walleye and over 15 decent smallmouth.

This past weekend my son and I fished the 2 Top Bass Tournaments on Sat. and Sun. With 138 Teams on Sat. and 111 on Sun. we managed to place in the Top 10 and get a cheque both days. Was a great Father/Son experience and good start to the tourney season. Here is a pic of my son bringing in our 18lb bag of 5 smallies on the Sat. weighin.

Remember to be safe out there and good fishing....Greg.
drake691
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Kawartha Lakes Walleye/Bass Update...

Post by drake691 »

CFSL is taking a beating now. 138 in the top bass on Rice and 40 in the CSFL tourny
Slayingm
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Slayingm »

Yes.... would be nice to see Andy get a full field like that for sure.
drake691
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by drake691 »

He won't. If you fish Top Bass he won't allow you to fish CSFL