sketchy characters

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
zippyfx
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: sketchy characters

Post by zippyfx »

At the Deschene Rapids look out early this spring there was this drug dealer who would drive by about every 30 minutes looking for his clients during the evening. He kept giving me the evil eye. Occasionally some of his clients would think I was the guy and drive up to me. I think it may be too busy for him there now.
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

Have you ever bumped into Poptop McGoogenhiemann? He used to frequent the Hogs's Back/Vincent Massey Park area along the Rideau.......quite the nasty character, I must say! I used to see him all the time when I fished there in the early 80's.......could be dead now for all I know.
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"
CyrusG
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CyrusG »

I've met a few shady guys on the water but haven't had any bad encounters yet. The most odd encounter I've had was on the quebec side, i won't get into details but i wouldn't be going there at night :lol:
Cy
campnfish
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by campnfish »

White Bucket Brigade <---- At first I was like, 'wtf does he mean?' THEN i recalled the common scene usually found at Kilmernock on Saturdays.

I've been straight up propositioned by an older man at the bottom of Hogs Back. It really creeps me out, because I'm on the skinny side and its not like you can just run away when you're down there.

I hear you guys on keeping an eye on your tackle / rods too. I keep all my tackle in an old-school aluminum tackle box and used to cart the whole thing around with me. Almost had it stolen (guy was just 'looking'.....right) so now I just bring a smaller plano box if I'm shore fishing.
Oneeleven
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Oneeleven »

cprince wrote:
God knows how many times I have seen people having sex, doing drugs and drinking at the McLauren Bay boat launch at 4:30 or 5am.
Are you talking about Maclaren's Landing, near Fitsroy Harbour?
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

Oneeleven wrote:
cprince wrote:
God knows how many times I have seen people having sex, doing drugs and drinking at the McLauren Bay boat launch at 4:30 or 5am.
Are you talking about Maclaren's Landing, near Fitsroy Harbour?
lol!

No.. Sorry, I always spell that name wrong! It is in the Gatineau area of Quebec where it is called: Baie McLaurin. It is an area I call The Gatineau Riviera or Ibizi-zee or Quebexico... many people with no boats or an awareness of common sense hang out tanning, playing badminton and screwing ON the boat ramp. I would love to perform an anthropological study of the species that make that boat ramp their vacation destination and submit the findings to The Smithsonian... but I cant seem to get federal funding.

Craig
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

campnfish wrote:I've been straight up propositioned by an older man at the bottom of Hogs Back. It really creeps me out, because I'm on the skinny side and its not like you can just run away when you're down there.
.......hmmmmmm.....quite frightening :o .....wonder if that was ol' Poptop? :lol: :lol:
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"
bcjohnso99
Participant
Participant

Post by bcjohnso99 »

Jimmy_1 wrote:If it is who I think it is....Call him "Donald"

He is about 34-36 actually but yes....hard lifestyle of drugs and crime...he was a Sh!thead in high school also.
Would his last name be Lauzon (the guy who was charged with murder in the 90's)?

B.
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

cprince wrote:
No.. Sorry, I always spell that name wrong! It is in the Gatineau area of Quebec where it is called: Baie McLaurin. It is an area I call The Gatineau Riviera or Ibizi-zee or Quebexico... many people with no boats or an awareness of common sense hang out tanning, playing badminton and screwing ON the boat ramp. I would love to perform an anthropological study of the species that make that boat ramp their vacation destination and submit the findings to The Smithsonian... but I cant seem to get federal funding.

Craig
:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

They usually have a gigantic gathering at the end of each month. Big party with lots to drink.
In the winter months, when the Bay freezes over, they take out the ice shanties and party on.
BAA - 2016 Team 18 (10 shy of 28)
Renegade Bass - 2013 Team 67 - 2014 Team 28 - 2015 Team 51
BAA (Great organization) 2011 and 2012 Team 7
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

StarTzar wrote:
cprince wrote:

Craig
:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

They usually have a gigantic gathering at the end of each month. Big party with lots to drink.
In the winter months, when the Bay freezes over, they take out the ice shanties and party on.
Don't the checks come in the 1st of every month?
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

TheMaverick wrote:

Don't the checks come in the 1st of every month?
They go to Money Mart on Maloney Blvd to get an advance.
BAA - 2016 Team 18 (10 shy of 28)
Renegade Bass - 2013 Team 67 - 2014 Team 28 - 2015 Team 51
BAA (Great organization) 2011 and 2012 Team 7