Charter Fishing in Nanimo area BC

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
zippyfx
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Charter Fishing in Nanimo area BC

Post by zippyfx »

Hi guys,

I'm going to be in the Nanimo area and my brother in law and I are thinking about organizing a fishing charter. Does anyone have any recommendations? I am currently looking things up via Google but if anyone has any personal experience or word of mouth I would appreciate the pointer.

Thanks.
flewdogg
Participant
Participant

Re: Charter Fishing in Nanimo area BC

Post by flewdogg »

Zippy,

I grew up in Vancouver and spent every summer as a boy in the Courtenay/Comox area. Did a lot of salmon fishing up there but had family with boats so never used a charter. I am sure there are plenty of good charters in Nanaimo but back when I was fishing there (80's and 90's) the real action was a bit farther north up the Island, in the stretch from Comox to Campbell River. The latter always had the reputation as being the "salmon capital" on Vancouver Island. If you are able, look for charters operating out of Comox/Courtenay or Campbell River.

Good luck and hope to see some good pics on your return!
Mike P
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Charter Fishing in Nanimo area BC

Post by Mike P »

OH boy, are you going to have some fun! Vancouver Island is expecting their best salmon return ever with all salmon species running this year. I am just getting back from a week in Parksville { just outside of Nanimo} and a week in Victoria. All areas were reporting decent catches so far and will only get better with Nootka Sound really turning on. Around Nanimo you could expect chinooks in the 10-20lbs range and any charter should not have a problem getting you your limit.
Any questions feel free to ask, I was raised out on the island. Caught this 29lbs two weeks ago out at Pedder Bay around Victoria.