Dream ride.....and a few fish too.

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dream ride.....and a few fish too.

Post by RJ »

Bit of a catch up report here....it's been an unreal busy spring and early summer. So many things on the go on and off the water for what seemed like 3 months that I've finally been able to sit down and get caught up a bit. Spring was a blur but a fun one. I think I answered every PM anyone sent me for info over the past few months, if not I apologize!

Everyone knew we had a late Spring and seemed to be in a holding pattern for weeks to get things going....that sucked. But when it did we were all over it. Crappie took a beating....

Shot a show with Marc Thorpe for FishFactorTV. Was fun to see Marc giggling over the quantity and quality of what he was getting for his show. Show will air next Spring.

More Crappie action from this Spring here: http://www.rjnbirdeesoutdooradventures. ... ie-spring/

Then came a stretch where I went 3 weeks where I barely casted a line and loved every minute of it. Giving folks the opportunity to experience a day on the water that they will remember forever is a high.

Watching this 11 year old put a hurting on the Gar one afternoon was unreal. All I did was net fish while his Dad snapped photos.

More pics of this day can be seen here including his Dads 50 inch fish...http://www.rjnbirdeesoutdooradventures. ... s-old-wow/

Had plenty of others on the Gar as well travelling as far as the other side of Toronto. Every good weather day I was booked and the fish just kept coming. The Lund was approaching the century mark for Gar over the gunnels when July hit. Almost everyone has rebooked for next year already...those BIG girls I have trained to never bite are working wonders as it keeps folks wanting to come back.. :lol:

Loads more pics are here: http://www.rjnbirdeesoutdooradventures. ... of-spring/

We also shot a Carp show with the Fish Finders on the St. Lawrence. Birdee was in on this one and stole the show... :lol:

Should be a great show that will air on WFN in the Fall. More pics here: http://www.rjnbirdeesoutdooradventures. ... h-finders/

Biggest news ever for RJnBirdees Outdoor Adventures is this......

With the support of Pirate Cove Marina and Lund Boats we are now riding in extreme style. It's a Lund ProV 197 GL. 225 Merc with a 9.9 kicker. This is the Cadillac of multi-species boats, runs like a rocket and fishes like a dream. It is quite the machine. Keep an eye out for us on all local waters, the Larry, the Ottawa, Lake Ontario and in the Fall Lake St.Clair.

And yes, we've slimed it with Largies and Smallies aplenty... :lol:

Going to do my best to keep up to date on here more often!

Tight lines!

RJ
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Dream ride.....and a few fish too.

Post by fishin mission »

Boat is a beauty :greetings-clappingorange: :greetings-clappingorange: :greetings-clappingorange: and some nice fish too boot..... thanks for sharing RJ
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

Serious gap between the seats on the 196!! Helluva beam!
Going to be wicked for Salmon and Steel on the big pond.
And every other lake too...
Congrats on the new ride, & good fishing Rob & Kim!!
i got worms
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by i got worms »

Congrats on the sweet ride RJ! I could tell that you were deeply in love with that Lund at the launch on Saturday... :lol:
I got 99 problems but a fish ain't one...
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

Awesome report RJ :!:
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

RJ,

Great report man. I checked out the new ride at the msbassin tournament and describing it as a Cadillac is an understatement! Simply gorgeous to say the least.

Adam
NMG
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by NMG »

Awesome boat RJ!!!!!!
gonefishin
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by gonefishin »

Great report RJ and a great new ride. Congratulations.
riverdog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by riverdog »

Looks like some happy customers RJ! We finally found some Gar in good numbers & size on the Larry this year hopefully next season we'll make some time to target them. I skipped carp for the 1st time this year so i guess ill have to watch you on WFN to get my fix. The boat is sweet!
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Thanks boys! It really impressed me at the MSBassin tourney when I finally was able to play with it over some cabin cruiser waves....Wow.

RJ
bcjohnso99
Participant
Participant

Post by bcjohnso99 »

RJ,

Is that Lund fiberglass?

How does that compare to a similar sized aluminum hull?

Brian
lapointeric
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by lapointeric »

Nice job catching up RJ. Beauty ride you got there. And I'm sure it's been said 1000 times, but how awesome is it to have a wife who shares the same insane passion for fishing?

E
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

bcjohnso99 wrote:RJ,

Is that Lund fiberglass?

How does that compare to a similar sized aluminum hull?

Brian
Yes it is a Glass boat. I can only compare it to my 18 foot aluminum. Glass is just a smoother ride all around.

RJ
CyrusG
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CyrusG »

Nice ride! I bet that kid is hooked for life :D
Cy