Clayton/Taylor Lake launches

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
curls
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Clayton/Taylor Lake launches

Post by curls »

Anyone know of a free launch on these lakes? Usually launch at the campground but haven't been there in a few years, and he wanted $15 for possibly the worst launch on the planet.
There was a launch at the outflowing dam but it always looked REALLY steep and basically unusable without a winch on your truck. Anyone know if this has been fixed and would accomodate a bass boat?
There's also a memory floating around my head of a launch between Clayton and Taylor, but I've never used it nor do I know where it is. Can anyone comment on its condition and location?

Thanks in advance!
BradGuenette
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Clayton/Taylor Lake launches

Post by BradGuenette »

12th line road is the one your looking for between Clayton & Taylor, I launched my bass boat there last week without a problem.
Brad Guenette
Swimbait Canada
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fishin mission »

clayton taylor park right on tatlock road when it turn to the left in town theres a launch there no fees pretty good launch go thru the channel and its deep in the middle hope this helps !
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

If you launch at Taylor lake make sure you go straight out to the channel as there are lots of stumps.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
mwk
Participant
Participant

Post by mwk »

smitty55 wrote:If you launch at Taylor lake make sure you go straight out to the channel as there are lots of stumps.

Cheers
This^^^ and, don't park your truck and trailer in the area used for turning around. It's a long way for someone to back up the road if they cant get turned around.
Matt
MichaelGA
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by MichaelGA »

Here is a map with the above places listed just zoom in on Clayton / Taylor - the 12 line launch is great for canoes etc.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit? ... 7olwpLxdXI

Feel free to post more access points and I'll add them... not fishing spots .... just access points (mainly for us shore bound types)