Board only virtual tourney

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: Board only virtual tourney

Post by almontefisher »

Tip-up wrote:I would be in for sure though I think the format need some adjustments to simplify things a bit and a bit of rules also set in place. Taking a bit of notes from BountyFishing I think this could be a great idea, and the idea of an ice fishing virtual derby could work too. I'll add some input after work but Sept 1st sounds good to me. Tournament fish should be allowed as well, fishing is fishing, and it's all for fun in competition or not :)

Looking forward to your thoughts and input Tippy. I do like the Bounty fishing set up and that is where I sort of got this idea from...I am all for making this easy and better!! As for the ice fishing that too is a great idea and we should look into making it work as well.

Thanks Tippy and again looking forward to the feedback.
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

Though there are prizes, please, let's stay be honest ... No pictures from the past :!:

I've caught my share of giants, let's have fun with this..
So to be eligible you need a measurement and weight with official pictures of the weight?
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
azabache
Participant
Participant

Post by azabache »

ShawnD wrote:Though there are prizes, please, let's stay be honest ... No pictures from the past :!:

So to be eligible you need a measurement and weight with official pictures of the weight?

Thanks to ShawnD , I think you have just provided the reply to the question I was about to post... :mrgreen:
So we need a measure & weight with picture of the 3 per bag?

I see Sail has the fishing tape measure/scale for sale...
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

ShawnD wrote:Though there are prizes, please, let's stay be honest ... No pictures from the past :!:

That was my first thought Shawn but I was trying to keep it as easy as possible as some people do not have scales. What is the thought on maybe a length of 3 total bass?? That way you could have a skinny pig possibly win still!! We will have a final format figured out before Sept 1st all so don't worry while we figure this out.

So if Tippy is thinking like Bounty it would be a certain assigned number for the month that will need to be in the picture and a measurement of the length. I would love to have it like this as it keeps it as honest as possible. So if everyone is good with this format we will do this.

3 bass bag per outing with total length of those three. One picture with the "code" or assigned number showing your face so we get to know who you are and one with the measurment length and code?

ORWL
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Here is a link to the rules on Bounty fishing. They only use one fish but I think three would be more fun and allow a better chance.

http://www.bountyfishing.com/enterprise/rules

ORWL
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

I had never heard of that site, pretty cool!
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

ShawnD wrote:I had never heard of that site, pretty cool!

They have a free to enter tourney for the next few weeks on there Shawn. Enter and see how you do.

Cheers

ORWL
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Yes, fish should be measured by length and not weight. Preferably with a newer tape measure. The problem with scales is that not all are accurate. Pictures with measurements should have the ruler and fish laying out flat and not.

Two photos should be required along with an ID card Pete can design in each photo. One photo with the angler, catch and ID card and another with the fish laying flat on a ruler with the ID card. This prevents past pictures from being posted. A third picture of the release would be cool too if possible, but I know everytime I try to get a close-up the fish is out of my hands before I can hit the snap button lol.

Two upgrades per angler over the course of the tournament.

Almontefisher makes the final call on all measurements based on pictures.

No dead fish, improper handling methods should be disqualified. Fish care should be top priority!

Two threads - One thread to post pictures with a leaderboard at the top and another with rules at top where we can chat about the tournament.

That's about all I can think of and type on the phone here. These are just thoughts and will try to add more once I get home this evening. If run simple
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

almontefisher wrote:
ShawnD wrote:I had never heard of that site, pretty cool!

They have a free to enter tourney for the next few weeks on there Shawn. Enter and see how you do.

Cheers

I live in Qc.. :roll: I'm not eligible
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Tip-up wrote: Two upgrades per angler over the course of the tournament.

No dead fish, improper handling methods should be disqualified. Fish care should be top priority!
1) What do you mean by "upgrade"

2) No dead fish, improper handling methods should be disqualified. Fish care should be top priority!
How do you propose that be verified?
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Jimmy_1 wrote:
Tip-up wrote: Two upgrades per angler over the course of the tournament.

2) No dead fish, improper handling methods should be disqualified. Fish care should be top priority!
How do you propose that be verified?

For question # 2 Jimmy I would say pure honesty. If someone wants to keep their catch for consumption that is their choice but I agree we should try and keep it CPR Catch Photo Release. Choice in the end is yours but would prefer that it is done that way. As for upgrade I dont think that will be an issue unless we dont do the average of the three bag fish thru out the month. If we are just taking the top length then I can see upgrades but in my mind it is the total average of all fish for the month. So even if someone gets only one fish they still may do better than someone with three fish at 8"...lol. This way again it makes people think about things example:

I just caught a 22" bass. Do I hold onto one and have a 22" average or do I catch more and maybe lower the average. Now that I type that out maybe one fish is a good idea because who is going to add a 8" into their catch if it is one of only three for the day.

What do people think of one fish that can be upgraded twice within the month?? I sort of like that as it again makes people think more about what they need to do ( strategize). I will finalize all rules in the coming days and whatever I come up with will be the written rules for this. Stay tuned.

ORWL
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Honest Fisherman?

That's the BIGGEST oxymoron I have ever read!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Jimmy_1 wrote:Honest Fisherman?

That's the BIGGEST oxymoron I have ever read!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just cause you have me hostage with the high school pic I am going to shoot you down for fun.. The biggest oxymoron I have ever read is that you can read!!! Bada boom!

Insert 1990 grad pic here!! lol.

ORWL
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Jimmy_1 wrote:
Anglers would post there top three bass that month. If they catch a bigger bass, they should be allowed an upgrade or ''Cull'' as we call it. Or unlimited upgrades. I think it would be a lot better that way than everyone posting there 3 biggest bass at the end of the month all at the same time lol
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

NOT INTENDED POST..SORRY!!
Last edited by almontefisher on Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ORWL