cold front bass

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: cold front bass

Post by lape0019 »

lvace wrote:
The board has been schooled! ;)[/quote]

On the contrary sir Mav I have been schooled that day... took far to long to find them and i just did not want anybody else making a fool out of themselves like I did :lol: Would like to be a caddy or water boy on your boat one so I may learn to further knowledge from the dark lords of the BASS known as TEAM 28 :D :D :D[/quote]

It's not hard to figure their secrets out. Buy expensive gear and a new Ranger. Then spend hour upon hours at paddletales learning the secrets of everyone else. Once you do that, the fish should come to you.

:lol:

Adam.
Lvace
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Lvace »

lape0019 wrote:
lvace wrote:
The board has been schooled! ;)
On the contrary sir Mav I have been schooled that day... took far to long to find them and i just did not want anybody else making a fool out of themselves like I did :lol: Would like to be a caddy or water boy on your boat one so I may learn to further knowledge from the dark lords of the BASS known as TEAM 28 :D :D :D[/quote]

It's not hard to figure their secrets out. Buy expensive gear and a new Ranger. Then spend hour upon hours at paddletales learning the secrets of everyone else. Once you do that, the fish should come to you.

Adam.[/quote]

Although the season started strong for me but sorta slowed down since July 13th I have been able to find fish at a decent rate...was just looking at sneaking on that new ranger boat 8) instead of my little leaky 12ft .... But I doubt it would happen since I have shimano crucials and no DOUGHBYNS mated with Lews :wink:
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

You haven't heard?

They switched to Daiwa. I think they still have a few lew's between them but I know Mav went almost all Daiwa.

Just joking around. They know how to fish. They schooled me in the rideau with no pre fishing while I am out there every week.

Last night was the first time I had a hard time finding them. River monster and I caught a total of three fish. I got a bass and a perch. He got a pike. The sad thing for me was the perch was bigger than the bass by at least 2 ounces ...
Lvace
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Lvace »

Never go full DAIWA :lol: Well at least it was not a skunk! Thinking of getting a revo x to replace my ceanan 101! I still have yet to run into you since I am there once or twice a week! lape0019
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

lape0019 wrote:You haven't heard?

They switched to Daiwa. I think they still have a few lew's between them but I know Mav went almost all Daiwa.
Adam,

That is not true. Don't you start stirn' the pot. That is for Mav to do. 8)
I have 4 Daiwas but still own 4 Lew's, 2 Revo MGX's and should have my Shimano 2014 Calcutta Conquest 200 by mid September. 8)
Now I have to decide which Dobyns will get the privilege of housing the Conquest and whether I should sell one of the Revos. :?

... and don't forget that we did good on the Rideau based on information we got from you during a Thursday night get-together at Paddletales. :|
BAA - 2016 Team 18 (10 shy of 28)
Renegade Bass - 2013 Team 67 - 2014 Team 28 - 2015 Team 51
BAA (Great organization) 2011 and 2012 Team 7
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

lvace wrote: dark lords of the BASS known as TEAM 28 :D :D :D
Dark Lords of the Bass ... I like that 8)
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

Lol,

I guess I am talking to Mav too much.

I forgot about your mixed love affair Frank but they are all fine reels and that shimano is a work of art. I just like to tease and I know exactly what you are talking about. Should have kept my mouth shut about the inner weed edge. Oddly enough, we were about to hit the exact same place you guys were fishing when we pulled up. Decided to hit the other shore instead of fishing next to you.

I am still waiting for Mav's comment. He must be thinking of a good one if he hasn't posted yet.

Ivace, let me know next time you go out there, I will see if I can get out the same night. It's hard to miss my boat out there as it is the only PT 190tx out there that I have ever seen fish there.

I had a Revo S and thought it was a great reel for the price. Never used the Caenan though so it is tough to compare.
Bassassins
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Bassassins »

Awesome fish Ivace... must be so gratifying to figure them out and be rewarded like that :) big High 5!
Out4trout wrote:That's a good one!!
Feels like fall and the bass are starting to look like fall fatties too!
O4T you mention the "fall fatties" this fish was a good size... 18.5 inches (almonte just for you ;)) but what I couldn't get over was how thick she was.

Is anyone else fishing this week seeing a thicker than usual girth after that big water temp swing last week? was under 70 degrees yesterday all day even with that sun. Had a 17 degree swing on our trip last week... 82 to 65 over 5 days.... also hearing that the trout are moving up river with all the rain and cold already.

Early fall? early ice?
http://www.facebook.com/TheBassassins
Field Staff - FISHBUM Outfitters, Angler's Choice, Streamside
#ExistToFishCanada #LiveYourAdventure
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

lape0019 wrote:

Adam.
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

TheMaverick wrote:
Darth-Failure
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

lvace wrote:But I doubt it would happen since I have shimano crucials and no DOUGHBYNS mated with Lews :wink:
I find your lack of faith disturbing!
He will join us or die!

If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
Lvace
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Lvace »

TheMaverick wrote:
lvace wrote:But I doubt it would happen since I have shimano crucials and no DOUGHBYNS mated with Lews :wink:
I find your lack of faith disturbing!
He will join us or die!

Oh god those this mean one of you is my father......... and if so my birthday is coming up..... time to collect for all the years of neglect :text-woo:
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

lvace wrote:
lvace wrote:time to collect for all the years of neglect :text-woo:
:lol: :lol:
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/