Bobs lake launch

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
JZ
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Bobs lake launch

Post by JZ »

I see on navionics that there is a small launch on bobs lake off of Steele rd. Has anyone used it recently? Any feed back on condition, parking etc would me appreciated.
Roblin
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Bobs lake launch

Post by Roblin »

Basically the road dead ends into the lake. Not really a ramp. Parking is on the shoulder of the road and vey limited. I was at Bob's Lake two weeks ago and the water is really low. You might have to drive out into the water to launch your boat. I'd say a small boat is probably OK. A larger boat not likely.
JZ
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by JZ »

Thanks for the info, I have a 16ft on a roller trailer so iam guessing I should be ok. Have you used the launch of crow?
Roblin
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Roblin »

Never fished Crow. I've been through the village and the ramp looks good but parking is limited. You can see the ramp on Google Earth. I'm told that when the waters high you can get through the gap into Bob's Lake from Crow. Good fishing.
ganman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ganman »

The cut between Crow and Bob's is very narrow (6-8 ft.) but is only about 50 ft. long. Usually in summer there is about 18"-24" of water in the very middle. I drove a 16' Lund thru and did not hit. Again though water level can change.

The ramp on Crow is very good. I found the fishing better in Crow. The water is clearer, the weeds grow deeper. There is not a lot of shallow cover on Crow, it is mostly weedline, points and shoal fishing and you find smallmouth and largemouth together in a lot of places.

If you want to fish Bob's I would recommend putting in at Nordlaw Lodge which is on the eastern basin north of Westport and west of Perth. They have a good ramp and are reasonable (well last time I was there). They have bait, tackle, ice etc. and a bar. Call first though because they were for sale.
campnfish
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by campnfish »

Sunset Country campground in the southwest corner by Tichborne has a good ramp and lots of parking.

If you want the other end of the lake, Cedar Haven cottages has a ramp you can use...its in the wrong location on google maps - here's the co-ordinates...44.711800, -76.566688

Third place is steep, but its free. If you take Green Bay rd. to the bridge that separates Buck Bay from the rest of Bob's lake, there is a ramp beside the bridge. You'll see an ancient bait shop there, sells gas too I think. Its really steep though.