Rideau?Ottawa?Jock?Mississippi?Help!?!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Supernova224
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Rideau?Ottawa?Jock?Mississippi?Help!?!

Post by Supernova224 »

Hey guys,

Sort of a follow-up from my last post, I'm primarily a shore fisherman stuck to the city limits. Next weekend however, I'm taking some holidays from work and will have access to a car. I'm looking to make the most of it and get outside the city. I've been told to try the Rideau near Chapman Mills and Osgoode, the Jock River, Mississippi Lake, the Ottawa and now my head's spinning trying to decide where to go! I'm not looking for anyone's specific locations, just if people know where there is good shore access with a reasonable chance of catching some fish. I don't know these areas that well and don't want to spend a ton of time driving around trying to find access to the shoreline. Any and all advice is appreciated, thank you guys so much for helping out a new angler!
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: Rideau?Ottawa?Jock?Mississippi?Help!?!

Post by almontefisher »

Hey supernova. If you can make something work I can take you out on the miss Sunday afternoon till around 6-7pm. Let me know

Cheers.
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL
Supernova224
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Supernova224 »

As long as you don't mind bringing out a complete newbie! That's super generous, I'll send you a pm later today to confirm. Thank you so much!
OutdoorActionOntario
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant
Location: Ottawa Region, Georgian Bay region, Kawartha Lakes Region

Post by OutdoorActionOntario »

I'm just going to throw this out there to some of you dudes and dudettes stuck fishing from shore with no options to get on the water. I have two great angling Kayaks (Ocean Kayak Trident 13's) and would be willing to take anyone interested out to a couple spots I have around Ottawa. I have a car, can meet you somewhere, it's not a big deal. I remember how much it sucked to be trapped on shore and frankly with the Fall coming you need to experience all the great fishing our region has to offer out on the water... The only downside is you will have to fish with me, which could be blessing or a curse (blessing if you like watching someone catch lots of fish, a curse if you don't like hanging out with really funny awesome people.) HAHA. Just joking, of course.

If you are interested just send me a PM and we will try and work out some times on the water. I am out of town next week and have a tournament the week after that, so this offer begins officially two weeks from now.

Cheers, and tight lines

~OAO~
OutdoorActionOntario - Ottawa ON
OutdoorActionOntario
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

I'm just going to throw this out there to some of you dudes and dudettes stuck fishing from shore with no options to get on the water. I have two great angling Kayaks (Ocean Kayak Trident 13's) and would be willing to take anyone interested out to a couple spots I have around Ottawa. I have a car, can meet you somewhere, it's not a big deal. I remember how much it sucked to be trapped on shore and frankly with the Fall coming you need to experience all the great fishing our region has to offer out on the water... The only downside is you will have to fish with me, which could be blessing or a curse (blessing if you like watching someone catch lots of fish, a curse if you don't like hanging out with really funny awesome people.) HAHA. Just joking, of course.

If you are interested just send me a PM and we will try and work out some times on the water. I am out of town next week and have a tournament the week after that, so this offer begins officially two weeks from now.

Cheers, and tight lines

~OAO~
OutdoorActionOntario
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Cheers, and tight lines

~OAO~