Laker Closer and a Muskie Hat Trick.....

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Laker Closer and a Muskie Hat Trick.....

Post by RJ »

Busy busy times! Real work (yes I work a little.. :lol:), guiding and putting together Big Bass Megabucks has me running big time these past weeks. The fish are getting snarly as Fall seems to be here whether we like it or not. Without a doubt my favorite time of year, clearly I'm not the only one with guiding bookings rolling in almost daily. No complaints here! :wink:

Laker Closer:

Only spent 4 days on the Lakers all summer....kinda odd but just other fish requested from clients or other stuff on the go. Wanted to give em one last go before they closed last Monday. Decent day until the wind howled. It did get a little lumpy but nothing the big Lund couldn't handle. Spot-lock on the Minn Kota was awesome keeping us pinned even in 2 plus footers.

Also played with the new Sonarphone. Pretty cool deal that connects to your phone providing sonar back thru an app on your smartphone. They will come in VERY handy for those on fly ins that want some kind of sonar with them, kayakers, canoeists or those who are shore bound and a few other instances where it would be handy. It looks odd but gives nice clear readings really quick and accurate.

The day ended with limits of stockers for those that wanted a couple of fish for the barby and a couple nice ones.

Bigger Natural Trout need to go back to keep this fishery what it is today......

A few more pics from our day: http://www.rjnbirdeesoutdooradventures. ... er-closer/

Muskie Hat Trick:

Chevy and I decided to give the Muskies a looksie one night last week with a front approaching. We went back and forth via text about what we should do but that front coming in sold us on Muskies. They had to be fired up.

Well they were.

Chevy popped the first two, one on a topwater then next on a figure 8 PDeez. Awesome on a short leash!

With 30 minutes to go and Hat Trick talk spewing out of me big time I told him to pick the spot where he figured he'd get bit. I backed off a bit at this point wanting to see him get it. He was making 2 casts for my one, he was givin' er! One fateful cast on my part finished off the Hat Trick, Team style! Chevy slid the net under her and says, "Ahhh Buds. That's a goodun." He was right.

Few more pics and bait details here: http://www.rjnbirdeesoutdooradventures. ... hat-trick/

Bring on Fall!

RJ
Dcaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Laker Closer and a Muskie Hat Trick.....

Post by Dcaster »

Great report, nice lakers, nice ski's.

thanks for sharing.
River Monster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by River Monster »

Awesome Report.

Do you any more info on the sonar phone?
- Rick Ozga
lapointeric
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by lapointeric »

Nice job fellers! Tell me more about this sonarphone doohickey.

E
Chevy Champagne
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Chevy Champagne »

that sonar phone is pretty wicked!
was super impressed with how quickly the ducer transferred the info to your phone after the cast!
would be wicked for someone who shore fished or if you were going on a trip where you had a limitation on how much room you have to pack things!

as for the musky day, what a blast! Will certainly be a day that will stay in my memory for the rest of my life!
finally sticking the hooks into a fish on the figure eight was awesome and the fight on a short leash had my legs shaking and my heart just a poundin!
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

Nice work!
The sonarphone has been on my radar. Would be fantastic out with the planer board.
CyrusG
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CyrusG »

Nice report!
Cy
theDL
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by theDL »

Nice work RJ and Chevy. Guess you threw 30, 000 casts that night eh? Some beauty fish there :D
Oneeleven
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Oneeleven »

Nice report!

That's one chubby trout! :shock:
bradford2
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bradford2 »

Two trips with great results! Great way to kick off some fall fishing. Looking forward to the rest of it.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

River Monster wrote:Awesome Report.

Do you any more info on the sonar phone?
Here's the link to the site: http://store12459.americommerce.com/sto ... T-POD.aspx

I was shocked how well it worked. Both connecting to the phone via Wi-fi as well as the picture it sent back.

RJ