One final kick at the can...

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Brian
Participant
Participant

One final kick at the can...

Post by Brian »

Well with November around the corner and my schedule getting crammed full of events with the family, and the weather getting wet and cold, soft-water fishing was drawing to a close for me. I decided to get out on Sunday with one of my fishing buddies for one final kick at the can. Due to the rain and possible amount of wind, and the larger boat already put up for the winter, we chose a small lake to fish where we would be okay with the tin can.

Mixed emotions were flowing when I was headed out the door at 6:30am. I was happy that I was able to sleep in, yet not so happy that it was raining and I was on my way to the last soft water fish of the year. I'm a bit of a fair weather (anything) person these days, but I was determined to get a fish in, as it has been getting harder and harder to plan with this crazy weather we've been getting.

At any rate, the fishing wasn't fast and furious, but all the fish that were caught were quality. I caught what I think is the best Largemouth that I've got all season, so it made it totally worthwhile.

.... Now to winterize the tin-can, and start getting ready for hard water season!
- Brian
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: One final kick at the can...

Post by ShawnD »

That's a nice catch Brian. It's coming and there's no stopping it.. :(

;) Thanks for sharing.

Shawn.D
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
daveh_cdn
Participant
Participant

Post by daveh_cdn »

Brian wrote:Mixed emotions were flowing when I was headed out the door at 6:30am. I was happy that I was able to sleep in, yet not so happy that [...]
haha, no matter what you're up to, getting up at 06:30 can't be sleeping in can it?
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

daveh_cdn wrote:
Brian wrote:Mixed emotions were flowing when I was headed out the door at 6:30am. I was happy that I was able to sleep in, yet not so happy that [...]
haha, no matter what you're up to, getting up at 06:30 can't be sleeping in can it?
It is for me.. I'm at work by 6am on week days and on the water on weekends.
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
Dcaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Dcaster »

Nice largemouth!

Thanks for sharing!

:handgestures-thumbup:
RJ
Site Admin