How did your soft water season go?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
baz fish
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: How did your soft water season go?

Post by baz fish »

My soft water season was great with some good walleyes and pike from the opening wright in to the end of August with some days with both are limit of walleye along with pike all day long just non stop action. I also have some good crappy outing in the spring. And I won the OVSB multispecies tournament on the Rideau river and also my 1rst tournament win. After was the bass season and for a second year in a row I fish the OVSB circuit and have 3 top 5 out of 5 event with that was enough for me to finish in 2nd place for the OVSB angler of the year title :D . Sure was a great season this year and since last year I find a great fishing partner with a boat and I could ask for a better partner to be with :D .
flewdogg
Participant
Participant

Post by flewdogg »

This year was my second full year of being really back into fishing. Was a pretty avid angler when I was young out in BC but I was mainly a saltwater guy. I caught the bug again over the past few years fishing with my father-in-law up in northern Quebec. This year was my first full year with a boat and I am pretty pleased with how it went.

I hit lake trout after ice out and didn't have too much luck (Silver Lake - does ANYBODY do well with lakers there???). Continued on to some opener pike on Mississippi Lake and Miss River and had good success.

Early June I was lucky enough to camp at and explore Long and Round Schooner lakes, again hunting the lakers. Had decent results and got some OOS bass as well (totally unintentional!). Beautiful lakes up there in North Frontenac, I already booked my site for next June!

Summer saw me seriously targetting walleye for the first time and I finally got my first decent one, an 18" keeper, out at Long Lake in Frontenac, just south of Sharbot Lake. It was great to finally bag one. Also did a lot of dragging the bottom of the Ottawa River and caught more catfish than eyes, but they're great fighters so I was happy enough.

Late summer saw me go back to the laker well, this time up in North Quebec. I got some invaluable tips on jigging for lakers from this board and it paid dividends. I posted some pics of my lakers caught jigging, theyr'e somewhere on this board if you care to look ("Trolling Deep for Lakers" is the thread). Got one left in my freezer that I really ought to eat soon.

Fall got me back into bass and pike out in Lanark, Miss Lake and River again. Come October it got crazy, had a couple really great days pulling in big bass and pike.

I am still trying to keep open water season alive by doing some shore fishing. I've put the boat away but will cast from shore on the Ottawa until my line starts to freeze up!

Cheers to all the members here for the great posts, tips and fun banter. It's a great community and I'm happy I found it!
dana
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by dana »

all in all a pretty good season

mostly dragging senkos over weed beds for LMB…no giants but more than a few 4+…november has been good too

did some jerkbait , dropshot smallies got afew nice ones

got a 30lb muskie on atube it was a hoot trying to land it[released it and didn't haulit out of the water]while trying to video with iphone

had some greatdays bluegill fishing with grandson…he likes to catch more than gramapa and can release his fish well

got one of those spot hold terrova's..i really like it..

10/4

df