Fall Wrap-up....Smallies, Muskies, Kitties and a nice Buck.

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
theDL
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Fall Wrap-up....Smallies, Muskies, Kitties and a nice Bu

Post by theDL »

Great post RJ. Some real nice fish in there and congrats to Birdee on the buck!
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

Great post as usual RJ! Can't say I am much for the cats, but the smiles were awesome! The bass ring my bell... but those friggen Musky were seriously nice specimens! Great to see Birdee tag out again this year... is that 4 for 4... or 3 for 3?? I cant keep track!

What kind of cuts of meat are you guys getting off these boys too...? Are you out of venison by the time the next hunt comes round?

BTW.. that fist full of dollars is the only pic you need to fill all your spots for next years tournament!!!

As always, you consistently show why you are one of our star contributors on this site and always raise the bar with each report.

Thanks for sharing Rob!

Craig
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

cprince wrote:Great to see Birdee tag out again this year... is that 4 for 4... or 3 for 3?? I cant keep track!

What kind of cuts of meat are you guys getting off these boys too...? Are you out of venison by the time the next hunt comes round?
Thanks Craig, though social media is basically everything these days but I'll still do reports on here though they are a ton more work... :lol:

Birdee is 5 for 6 now. 6 years hunting, 4 Bucks and a button buck. The year she didn't tag out she was holding out for 2 bruisers she had on the cam and let Deer go by saving her tag for one of them and it never happened.

We usually get 1 roast, the loins and the rest ground. We use the ground all year long in meatloaf, spaghetti, lasagna, chili and burgers etc. It goes a LONG way and we rarely buy beef. We were down to 2 packs left when this one hit the ground so timed perfectly.. :lol: Butcher called this aft and its cut and wrapped ready to go.

RJ
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

RJ wrote:
cprince wrote: Butcher called this aft and its cut and wrapped ready to go.
RJ
How much do they charge to cut and wrap per lb?

Craig
rex.stpierre
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by rex.stpierre »

RJ wrote:
rex.stpierre wrote:
Are you fishing in Cuba? I'm starting to get familiar with Cayo Santa Maria.

We go to Cayo Guillermo. Yes we usually do a little bit. It's the worst time of year to be there for fishing but we've caught Kingfish, Jacks, Cudas and bunch of other stuff.

Last year Birdee and I spent a half day in the mangroves using bass gear for Smaller Cudas. Pretty fun.

RJ
Cayo Guillermo is on my list of places to visit in Cuba. On my musky gear, I got cudas, jacks and a nice cubera snapper last time... Even with the drag at its tightest on my round baitcast, the snapper took line! The love huge poppers and 7 inch spoons. I never got the mutton snapper to bite on my smaller rod. I could see them and I casted to them with shrimp!
This year I spent most of my money on beer, women and fishing...the rest I wasted.
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

Great Report RJ!

That smalle is HUGE!

The Pro V probably
Wouldn't mind some lovin! I think getting her wet before ice up is a great idea.

Adam
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

That's an awesome season Rob. Lots of happy memories!!
Congrats to Birdee too - a real nice buck and it's cool that you could be there again too.

I agree with Adam - Take the Pro-V out on a date, she deserves it. A good bow pounding would make things right between you again. :lol:
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

cprince wrote:
How much do they charge to cut and wrap per lb?

Craig
60 cents a lb I think. Picked up two boxes I struggled to lift full or burger this aft for $120. Great deal really.

Well lads I did pull out the ProV on Weds. Chevy and I lasted 2 hours. It wasn't us wimping out it was the fact that we had to clear ice off our guides every 3 casts... :lol: Tough much of a pain in the butt. Water temp was 34. Did get a bite though...

Yesterday was the capper for me....nighty night.

RJ
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Wrapped up in style RJ, with a walleye lol.

T'was a great season for you guys and guests aboard the new Lund. That is one sick ride!