Fall Wrap-up....Smallies, Muskies, Kitties and a nice Buck.

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fall Wrap-up....Smallies, Muskies, Kitties and a nice Buck.

Post by RJ »

To say this fall was a great one would be an understatement. The fishing was as good as I've seen it, being able to share that with both friends and clients was a treat. I did manage to catch a few fish myself as well but the high of seeing others seal the deal on a nice fish is tough to beat for me these days!

September and October had my phone ringing. Smallies and Muskies for the most part but a few Largie trips in the mix as well as a few "Get hooked on Fishing" packages that folks booked. That package was a real hit. For folks that have never fished, kids or those that just want a bent rod for a few hours this outing is a hit. Ottawa River Cats, and lots of em. Anchored up and rods down with Birdees special Catfish bait it doesn't take long before rods are bent and the Lund is slimed. Love this style fishing. 3 oz slip sinkers and a circle hook, Done.

One afternoon I spent on a local lake with a Father and Son who wanted to learn their lake a bit and make a real attempt at winning their local cottage fishing derby. Sadly we came up .3 of a lb from the win on the day but I think they learned a few tricks that day as the Dad called me about a month later to tell me about the 6.7 lb Largie he caught off an area I took them to that day. I don't have the pics of that one but these were the young lads two best on the afternoon. They knew all about Senkos already :lol: :lol:

Smallies were snarly as usual. Best fish of the Fall came on a trip with a Dad and his two sons. First fish of the day.. :shock: Instructing Dave that he had to breathe while reeling the fish in was a classic moment. The fish jumped and the boys went nuts and Dave got real quiet.. :lol: Awesome fish.

More Smallies. All on the dropshot, Jackall CrossTail Shads in Green Pumpkin. Depths varied this Fall and where they sat on the shoals seemed to vary from outing to outing. Depths from 22 to 40.

Moe and Brett from Pirate Cove slid away from the marina for an afternoon Smallie beating...

Out4Trout booked his son Tristan a 16th Bday gift....Smallies were at the Party... :wink: :lol:

Crazy wicked wild weather day this was, a local fella had some buddies in from out of town. They booked a Goose hunt in the am and some Smallie action in the afternoon. The Lund earned her keep that day. What a freakin boat!

These dudes were hardcore, "The fishin is too good to leave".. :lol:

Last trip out there was not too long ago, beauty of a day.

Somewhere in the mix here was Big Bass Megabucks also known as the Chris Lawson show this year. Sold Out event and more cash paid out than any other event in Eastern Ontario all year. Bigger and Better next year? I'd bet on it.

FULL report on this event is here: http://www.rjnbirdeesoutdooradventures. ... ucks-2014/

Up next was Muskies. Found myself in a hot streak this Fall that saw 9 trips in a row with a 'Skie in the net. I knew that was going to come to an end at some point and it did, when Birdee came out for an afternoon... :shock: :x :lol:

No real giants but seeing folks get their first, biggest or only Muskie of their life is a cool deal. Blades were the ticket all Sept and Oct then BIG plastics came to the party.

I sent the Lund to her winter lair early last week....always a sad day. I still could pull out the ProV that I haven't used since June for one last rip...maybe. :lol:

**********************************WARNING*******HUNTING CONTENT****************************

To cap off the year as a few of you know Birdee is an avid hunter. She puts her time in with the prep work and her results are proof that it can pay off. She's been hunting 6 years. She's taken 4 bucks and a button buck in that span, the year she didn't tag out she was waiting for a pair of bruisers to swing out that she had visiting her trail cam and passed up on shooters in hopes of dropping one of them, sadly that year was tag soup.. :lol:

Friday night everything fell into place for her again as she harvested her best Buck to date...luckily for me I got a front row seat for this one again as I was beside her when it all went down again this year....Lucky Charm? :lol:

To read the way it all went down from my perspective I've created the scene from my perspective on our site that I think turned out decent!

http://www.rjnbirdeesoutdooradventures. ... cky-charm/

Some much needed downtime for the next few weeks....until Ice is safe I'll be chillaxin'. :lol:

Hope to see a bunch of you at Tubman's on Dec 11th. Should be a fun night.

RJ
Last edited by RJ on Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zeke13
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Fall Wrap-up....Smallies, Muskies, Kitties and a nice Bu

Post by zeke13 »

Wow RJ, that is an impressive fall season. So many smiles and so many memories - great job. I can't imagine the emotions you must have gone through watching Birdee tag that buck ... incredible! Congrats Birdee.

You certainly deserve the down time .. enjoy.
Andrew
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

RJ wrote:
I wish you had weighed this one!!! :shock: :o
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

Awesome write up!!
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
rex.stpierre
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by rex.stpierre »

All gold, well done sir!
This year I spent most of my money on beer, women and fishing...the rest I wasted.
tbone1088
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by tbone1088 »

Wow rj you can just flat out fish huh!!! What a load of tanks, and the fact you can teach other people to catch them is all the more impressive. Great job keeping the fishing passion going!
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fishin mission »

Great job as usual Birdee and RJ tank up! good Job on the deer Birdee. Great post!.....DANO
BigC
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by BigC »

Some of the best and biggest smiles of the year!

As always very impressive year.
EagleEyesFlash
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by EagleEyesFlash »

"Awesome" just as the Kid's shirt says in the first pic.
Nice to see a bunch of smiles and the musky population doing well.
Great Stuff.
Snag or Fish , Weed or Fish , Oh Fish On
CyrusG
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CyrusG »

Great report to end the season, time to bring out the auger!
Cy
baz fish
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by baz fish »

You sure have a great fall fishing season RJ and congrats Birdee on her buck.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Thanks fellas. Have enjoyed the last two weeks of doing nothing to recover from some nagging aches and pains that needed attention. Tendonitis in both elbows sucks... :lol:

Booked Cuba tonight, have another big trip planned for July and hoping to sneak in a couple more...

RJ
rex.stpierre
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by rex.stpierre »

RJ wrote:Thanks fellas. Have enjoyed the last two weeks of doing nothing to recover from some nagging aches and pains that needed attention. Tendonitis in both elbows sucks... :lol:

Booked Cuba tonight, have another big trip planned for July and hoping to sneak in a couple more...

RJ
Are you fishing in Cuba? I'm starting to get familiar with Cayo Santa Maria.
This year I spent most of my money on beer, women and fishing...the rest I wasted.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

rex.stpierre wrote:
Are you fishing in Cuba? I'm starting to get familiar with Cayo Santa Maria.

We go to Cayo Guillermo. Yes we usually do a little bit. It's the worst time of year to be there for fishing but we've caught Kingfish, Jacks, Cudas and bunch of other stuff.

Last year Birdee and I spent a half day in the mangroves using bass gear for Smaller Cudas. Pretty fun.

RJ
jesse.page
Participant
Participant

Post by jesse.page »

Awesome report RJ, always love seeing the pigs you and you're clients put in the boat. Also congrats to Birdee on her big buck!