Shirley's bay 2015 ice fishing derby prizes

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
canam04
Participant
Participant

Shirley's bay 2015 ice fishing derby prizes

Post by canam04 »

Hello all, another winter of ice fishing is just ahead of us and the ice fishing derby's will return. Last year I organized a cash prize derby at Shirley's bay on the Ottawa river and had a great turnout even with the extreme weather conditions. I will be organizing the 2nd annual derby this winter and would like to have a few prizes for the big winners of the day and maybe even some specific prizes for the kids. I am writing this message to see if any of you are business owners or know business owners who would be willing to donate a prize for the derby. If you are interested in donating please let me know. Hope to see many people out this year.
Thanks
RyanW
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by RyanW »

Last edited by RyanW on Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
613 Ice Fishing
On Facebook
rex.stpierre
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Shirley's bay 2015 ice fishing derby prizes

Post by rex.stpierre »

canam04 wrote:Hello all, another winter of ice fishing is just ahead of us and the ice fishing derby's will return. Last year I organized a cash prize derby at Shirley's bay on the Ottawa river and had a great turnout even with the extreme weather conditions. I will be organizing the 2nd annual derby this winter and would like to have a few prizes for the big winners of the day and maybe even some specific prizes for the kids. I am writing this message to see if any of you are business owners or know business owners who would be willing to donate a prize for the derby. If you are interested in donating please let me know. Hope to see many people out this year.
Thanks
Can you pm me with more details, like exact date, the number of participants last year, the number of kids, the way you plan on advertising your sponsors, the way you plan on giving away prises.
I have already told my sponsor about it and he wanted me detail. He has outdoor apparel for kids and adults. Stix & Stones Hunting and fishing apparel.
This year I spent most of my money on beer, women and fishing...the rest I wasted.
canam04
Participant
Participant

Post by canam04 »

Choke wrote:Helping to spread the word with a BUMP.
Im not missing it this time because of weather. I plan on parking a permanent shack at Shirleys this year.

After x-mas I may be able to donate some new tackle/lures. I always get a bunch of stuff Ill never use.
Last year it was a fun day regardless of the 6 inches of water and 30klm hr winds. Hope to have the weather on our side this year and with all the good feedback I got last year from those who came I hope to have some good prizes this year.
Oneeleven
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Oneeleven »

I will donate this:

http://www.fish-hawk.net/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=46668

If you think it may be wanted.

Pickup only available after 28th-Dec though.

Let me know.
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fishin mission »

I may be able to help you out ,,,,when you have a date and a plan in place i will work on it ......i may join in this year
canam04
Participant
Participant

Post by canam04 »

Oneeleven wrote:I will donate this:

http://www.fish-hawk.net/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=46668

If you think it may be wanted.

Pickup only available after 28th-Dec though.

Let me know.
Great thanks, I will defenitely except that as a prize. Thanks for responding to the request. I will PM you for pickup details.
canam04
Participant
Participant

Post by canam04 »

fishin mission wrote:I may be able to help you out ,,,,when you have a date and a plan in place i will work on it ......i may join in this year
I will send out the details soon and will reach out to you then. Thanks for your help.
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

Great initiative!

Made a stickie!

Craig
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

So I was going to try and organize an ice fishing event but I am not able to find any time in my life right now. I have a ton of stuff left over from the BOVT so if all the people who donated this stuff to me is ok with it I will donate most of it to this as it seems there is some board interest in this. I will try to contact the people and see if they are ok with this.
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL
canam04
Participant
Participant

Post by canam04 »

almontefisher wrote:So I was going to try and organize an ice fishing event but I am not able to find any time in my life right now. I have a ton of stuff left over from the BOVT so if all the people who donated this stuff to me is ok with it I will donate most of it to this as it seems there is some board interest in this. I will try to contact the people and see if they are ok with this.
Almontefisher fisher,

That is great news. I know that if you have the support from the people that donated this stuff originally that it would go to a good cause. Because this is only me second year organizing a derby and first year trying to collect prizes any extra help is appreciated. Let me know how things work out and I am willing to help in any way possible. Thanks in advance for any of your efforts made for this.
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

Almontefisher: If you have any of the stuff Paddletales donated left over, feel free to pass it forward to this event.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
canam04
Participant
Participant

Post by canam04 »

hello all,
i have received some interest in this request and for those that have replied with interest i just want to say thanks for that. I will post the derby flyer first thing in the new year so that people know when and where it is.
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

canam04 wrote:hello all,
i have received some interest in this request and for those that have replied with interest i just want to say thanks for that. I will post the derby flyer first thing in the new year so that people know when and where it is.
Let me know what the site can do for you!

That goes for anyone with a desire to do something like this on our forum!

Craig
canam04
Participant
Participant

Post by canam04 »

Thanks Craig,

I mentioned there has been interest but have yet to actually get any commitments on donations so for those still interested in donating anything it would be much appreciated.

Thanks