Sunday ice fishing?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Lvace
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Sunday ice fishing?

Post by Lvace »

Might have time to head out this Sunday to make some holes ..... anybody heading out? I have not decided where I would go yet but I am itching to get out there!
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Sunday ice fishing?

Post by fishin mission »

Ivace you have a PM
OntarioRider
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by OntarioRider »

I would love to get out fishing on Mississippi. A little nervous of ice thickness.
I know some people are out fishing, but I think they are less gravitationally challenged than I am.
Stickleback
Participant
Participant

Post by Stickleback »

Was thinking of walking out onto Constance Bay with the kids on Sunday...I would think there would be enough ice out there now?
MichaelGA
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by MichaelGA »

Three Mile bay on White Lake has been frozen over for a while. The guys at Cedar Cove Lodge have been testing thickness to haul the shacks out, not quite yet.

On foot and you should be good but keep checking as you go.
rustyhook
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by rustyhook »

I wouldn't advise bringing kids on the ice on any lake/river yet. I don't think it is worth the risk to bring kids especially any bays on the river. Depending on how much snow we get it will not help the ice conditions. It will put pressure on the ice and bring water on top of it and you won't be able to see air holes or bad ice areas.
theDL
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by theDL »

I'm also looking to hit up some early ice, and was thinking of either Mississippi or White lake, never fished either and would like meet up with someone so I'm not solo on new ice. PM if interested.