Bay Of Quinte For Bass

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Kalli2004
Participant
Participant

Bay Of Quinte For Bass

Post by Kalli2004 »

Hi There

My husband and his buddy and I are heading to the Bay Of Quinte to see what we can find for bass this coming weekend. We've heard a few spots to go, but any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. We've fished there before for Walleye but never tried it for Bass. Hoping to land a few good ones.

Thanks for all your help. I can't wait. Hope the waters not too choppy. I've seen it get pretty nasty out there..

We will be fishing there on Saturday the 14th of August and possibly even again on Sunday the 15th
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

hi Kalli

i heard that hay bay holds some hogs...i have never fished the area for bass, late fall walleye ,yes :D ..I think i would consentrate on weed lines down logs,...drop offs ...ect ...i think you will find it like your regular fishing hole...only bigger you may want to drop a pm to Super Dad..or ken & Joe,both are members of this board and fish Quinte all the time,they were a big help last fall on my first trip to the bay for winter Eye's.......good luck, let us know how you did when you get back :D :D I'll be looknig forward to your report :D
roughrider
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Quinte bass

Post by roughrider »

here is a link you might find handy;http://www.ontariofishing.net/cgi/messa ... 7335.shtml ,Steve hamilton fishes bass regular on the bay,punch his name,"steve-Hamilton", in the search engine on the Quinte message board,more on bass and pike fishing.www.quintefishing.com/ :wink: roughrider
ganman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ganman »

Anywhere around the bay with a steep shoreline that results in lots of fallen willows in the water used to be great for bass, some suprisingly big walleye and once a big muskie that we spotted hiding in the submerged branches and literally swam up on shore to throw the lure.

The north side of Hay Bay opposite Ram Island was one such place. Used to cast a white or Fire Tiger big o up under and alongside the trees and reel it back. One of the best shows Rod n Reels Bill Saiff ever did was doing that and thats were I got the idea.

We caught tons of fish doing this and it was exciting, while out behind us guys were dragging Mepps and worms around catching the occasional 14" walleye. I never saw anyone else fish this way anytime I've been up there.

That was years ago before Zebra Mussels Would the same pattern work today? I don't know, the water is clearer and weedier now.
teppy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

quinte for bass

Post by teppy »

Need to know where abouts on the bay you are going to try to help you out with locations. I fish the bay all the time and do most of my fishing for bass when the season permits than I fish for walleye and pike. You can never go wrong with a white spinnerbait(the color is my preferance) Topwater can be awesome with the right weather or times of day. When things slow down go to flippin or skipping tubes to those trees as previously mentioned. cranks like he said can also produce.There is an awful lot of water there so if you can let me know where you are going out of and maybe I can help you some more.
Teppy

live42day

Post by Guest »

I caught loads of largemouth of plastic worms and spinnerbaits around big Island. I will be there this weekend too. Good luck!
Kalli2004
Participant
Participant

Where we're going

Post by Kalli2004 »

Hi There

Not exactly sure where we are going to be going. We're open to suggestions!! This will be our first time ever going fishing there. We've heard that Sherman's Point is a pretty good spot to try to find. Mind you I am guessing we'll get lost quite easily LOL LOL But any help or anyone knowing of any maps online we can find and print out with some good helpful spots, would be appreciated. We will be hitting the Bay around 5am on Sunday.

Thanks
Fishhawk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Fishhawk »

So how would the fishing be overall in the Bay of Quinte say the second or third week-end of October?

Bass Walleye and other?

I'm very interested to know.
Fishhawk
"gotta run like a madman bye thanks see ya good luck"
Superdad
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

2nd or 3rd week of Oct.

Post by Superdad »

Might be a tad early for the REAL monsters, there will be fish there as there are fish present and they will start coming back from the big lake around then.

It's a crap shoot - depends on the fall turn over also.

Lots of Luck - May see Fish-Hawks in Quinte this fall - Ken was talking about something.
David Delcloo aka Superdad
(Retired)

Hay Bay / Kingston

Manufacturer of the UZICK Spinner
Fishhawk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Fishhawk »

Thanks Superdad. TUrnover - always concerns me when fishing October. And I know that mid-Oct is a tad early for the real lunker walleye but it may be the best I can do.

It's a crapshoot every week-end isn't it? Take Caigers for instance where a nice July Week-end turned into a mediocre Sept and the fish went south.
Fishhawk
"gotta run like a madman bye thanks see ya good luck"