SHIRLEY'S BAY ICE FISHING DERBY FLYER 2015

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
canam04
Participant
Participant

SHIRLEY'S BAY ICE FISHING DERBY FLYER 2015

Post by canam04 »

Hello All,

Well I have decided to organize my 2nd annual ice fishing derby. Please see flyer posted for details and forward to anyone that you think might be interested. I have posted that this will be a cash prize event however I am hoping to receive some prize donations and if so then prize layout will be posted on day of derby. Hope many of you can make it out and make it a fun day as it always is at SHIRLEY'S BAY. Derby Date: February 7th, 2015. SEE YOU OUT THERE.

Thanks

Phil
Attachments
SHIRLEY'S BAY ICE FISHING DERBY FLYER 2015.jpg
SHIRLEY'S BAY ICE FISHING DERBY FLYER 2015.jpg (455.61 KiB) Viewed 5091 times
Yakster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: SHIRLEY'S BAY ICE FISHING DERBY FLYER 2015

Post by Yakster »

Its marked on my calendar...I'll be cashing in some domestic air miles with my wife.
grizz
Participant
Participant

Post by grizz »

Count me in. But why the early end (5:30). The bite is getting started.
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

grizz wrote:Count me in. But why the early end (5:30). The bite is getting started.
Lol I asked that same question last year and this is the response I got. "Well sorry for any inconvienience but I am running this thing by myself and would like to enjoy some of the day myself. Most derby times I saw were actually cut off mid afternoon so I think 5:30 is pretty good. If you are a mile away fishing at 5:30 then I guess you won't be winning any prizes."

Not a big deal really. It's his derby so he can make the rules. It's more about having a fun day I think rather than being more concerned with the Walleye bite. Plus it's still light out at that time so it's much easier for the closing events. If the evening run is on then I would just keep fishing if I wasn't concerned about a prize.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
canam04
Participant
Participant

Post by canam04 »

I checked out the sunset times and on the 7th the sunset should be around 5:10 so was hoping that some people would get the main bite and get some late entry right at the bell. Hope to see you out there grizz.
Fishking
Participant
Participant

Post by Fishking »

looking forward to this. Hope the weather is a little nicer this year and that will help get some kids out. See you there.
canam04
Participant
Participant

Post by canam04 »

just want to give a BIG shout out to Almontefisher. He was kind enough to pass on several prizes that he had left over from an event that he hosted in the past. The prizes were very much appreciated and will be liked by all that receive them.

THANKS ALMONTEFISHER
Natch09
Participant
Participant

Post by Natch09 »

Hey Phil me and my son are looking forward to going to your tournament again this year . Sounds like lot,s of fish are being caught this year and the weather hopefully is better then last year . I will be out there tomorrow in a black sub-zero pop up if anybody wants to drop by , Cheers Greg .
grizz
Participant
Participant

Post by grizz »

Hey Canam04, See ya on the ice Saturday. My son can't wait to drop a line.
canam04
Participant
Participant

Post by canam04 »

grizz wrote:Hey Canam04, See ya on the ice Saturday. My son can't wait to drop a line.
hey GRIZZ. ya should be a fun day and looking at the weather forecast it shouldn't be that cold so hope many people are able to make it out. There are some good prizes aside from the main cash prizes so most people should go home with something. see you there.
Oneeleven
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Oneeleven »

. Double post
Last edited by Oneeleven on Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oneeleven
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Oneeleven »

How is the driving on the ice there? Full sized trucks ok?

PS: Weather looks beauty!
Attachments
image.png
image.png (372 KiB) Viewed 4634 times
Fishoholic
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Fishoholic »

Haven't been this year but you should be good with trucks there. It's a busy spot so if you see trucks out there when you get there have at er!
Yakster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Yakster »

Saw a number of trucks stuck on Saturday. ...giver through the drifts and you'll be fine....pack a shovel.
canam04
Participant
Participant

Post by canam04 »

Oneeleven wrote:How is the driving on the ice there? Full sized trucks ok?

PS: Weather looks beauty!
there is no issue driving on the ice at Shirley's bay. there is over 20 inches of ice and plenty of full size trucks, mid size trucks and the odd Subaru car that thinks they are a truck drive around the bay. I have plowed a small road for the first few hundred yards from shore and that is good driving for now but at the end of plowed road there is some drifts which is where some people have been getting hung up. stay on the road and you are good to go. The derby will be great if the weather stays as they are calling for. -5 is a perfect temperature to get outside and enjoy the day.