Back from Syndenham Lake.

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
the walleye hunter
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Back from Syndenham Lake.

Post by the walleye hunter »

Got back yesterday from Syndenham lake for 10 days. Must say that the fishing over there was unbelievable. Never caught so many large mouth and smallmouth bass in my life. The pike fishing was also amazing. There is tons of fish in that lake. I must thank Sergei and Violet from Glen-Lor Lodge for being so kind. The camping site was very clean and beautiful. I would highly recommend this camping/lodge site to anyone interested in going. As soon as I have the pictures developed, I will post pictures.
Syndenham Lake was a blast...I will be going again next year.
Gilbert.
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Sounds like a great place...can't wait for the pics :D
Rescue78
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rescue78 »

Good for you.

I live 20 minutes from there and I never fished it. Don't know why. So many lakes to pick from around here I guess.

I might try it. I'll try to pick your brain before I go :D

Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip in this area.
Kalli2004
Participant
Participant

Sydenham Lake

Post by Kalli2004 »

Hi There

I fish Sydenham Lake quite a bit, as we are about 3 minutes up the road from it, and my in-laws live right on the lake. There are some nice bass out there, for sure!! Can be fun at times to find them, but a few spots seem to produce everytime you go there. The biggest I have found in the 3 years I've been fishing it was this summer, I got a 4 pound 10 ounce smallie, very happy with that catch. Seen them get as big as 5 1/2 pounds though, not caught by me mind you :)

Whereabouts did you go fishing? The folks at Glen Lor are great!! Good fishing right down around Glen Lor even too. Also up the other end by the boat launch in the village as well. Did you venture into Little Long at all??
the walleye hunter
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

I was fishing the North East end of the lake in the lilly pads using a black and blue crawfish. Texas rigged. Worked everytime. Also fished Eele bay. I think that's what it's called. You have to go under the second bridge. Lots of big bass there too.
For pike, I fished with deep down Husky jerks on the north part of Syndenham Lake in the 20-25 feet range. Aroung the points and shoals. Work very well. Hope this helps.
ganman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ganman »

Glad to hear you had a good trip. Glen Lor is a nice place with a good rep.

I remember all us so called local experts told you to go over to Loughborough. See, what the heck do we know....lol
the walleye hunter
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

I actually went to fish in loughborough for lakers. Caught a nice 23.5 incher on the downrigger set at 47 feet on water in 115 feet deep. Was pretty cool. They were suspended, but weren't too hungry. Saw Wendle Clarks cottage. Man, what a place. Huge....Thanks to all the advice. Glen-lor was the only place that had room. But great choice.
orrsey
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by orrsey »

Glad to hear you had a good time at Sydenham. I am from there and fish it as well as loughborough a lot. Both produce well but I would have to favour on the side of loughborough. Loughborough consistently produces really nice fish while in Sydenham lake everyone fishes the same spots and the presure ways heavy on the big ones. If you ever go back I might be able to lead you to a couple of holes not so well known.