knot for tip up line

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
flewdogg
Participant
Participant

knot for tip up line

Post by flewdogg »

What knot should one use with the heavier tip up line? Sorry I don't know the name. I'm pretty new to ice fishing and bought a few tip ups from Crappy Tire last winter. The line is thick black stuff, like nylon or something. I am finding it difficult to tie a secure knot to attach it to a swivel. Tried the improved clinch, failed miserably (at home, not with a fish on, thankfully). Tried a palomar knot as well - it's okay but doesn't seem that secure. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

Flewdogg
EagleEyesFlash
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: knot for tip up line

Post by EagleEyesFlash »

Those two knots work fine with Dacron.
Dacron will rot over time especially if stored wet, so maybe it's the line ?
Snag or Fish , Weed or Fish , Oh Fish On
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

I agree with EEF. Both those knots should work fine. I use the improved clinch for that line and never had a problem.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
flewdogg
Participant
Participant

Post by flewdogg »

Thanks guys. It's dacron. Maybe I am just bad at tying! :D Actually, now that I think of it, I tied the regular clinch. Should do the extra step and go with an improved clinch. Will try that.

Thanks again.

Flewdogg
usmanali7
Participant
Participant

Post by usmanali7 »

I first started with the split screen with flasher and sonar but gave up on the flasher part, very finnky to set up.
The sonar was not that hard to set up but gave very good results. The only problem I encountered was interference from my sons flasher as were in a two man clam
We offer best quality test king test papers and ccna exam questions materials. You can get our ccnp wiki - testking guaranteed www.bostonconservatory.edu questions and Rasmussen College