Shirley's bay eyes

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
tbone1088
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Shirley's bay eyes

Post by tbone1088 »

Hey boys,
This report is a little late but here goes: Caught two very nice eater walleyes last saturday night in about 13.5 feet of water. Just went yesterday and caught two more, but they were cigars and I threw them back. The bite is slowing down now, we will be moving the trailer very soon hopefully catch more like these ones! The bigger one is 20 inches long... and they tasted delicious!

smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Shirley's bay eyes

Post by smitty55 »

wtg tbone. At least you didn't have to release that 20" one like the rest of this part of Ontario.
As for the bite slowing down that seemed to be a common thing as February rolled around for us and we started catching lots of small "jacks". Hopefully you can stay on top of them.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
CyrusG
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CyrusG »

Nice catch!
Cy
tbone1088
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by tbone1088 »

numbers haven't been a problem the size is an issue so far. This weekend I caught 4 small saugers and a ling, the ling was about 1 to 1.5 pounds :) Smallest I have ever seen they usually bulky at shirley's bay. Catching most of my bigger fish on buckshots, a few on jigging raps. Hopefully We will break the five pound mark soon that's the goal for feb.:)
Good luck to all hope to see u out there.
CCLad
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by CCLad »

Time to head north towards the channel....
zippyfx
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by zippyfx »

Nice fish, man!
tbone1088
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by tbone1088 »

That is too far for us CClad, we don't feel comfortable that far away from the plowed road since we have a trailer. I am sure we will find a good spot where we are though, just have to drill a bunch of holes and try to find something different.