Ice Fishing Talon Lake or Olive lake (Nippissing/Temagami)

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
neallhards@gmail.com
Participant
Participant

Ice Fishing Talon Lake or Olive lake (Nippissing/Temagami)

Post by neallhards@gmail.com »

Hey guys, My brother, son and some of his friends are looking for a nice place to hunker down and fish camp for the next week. We have been looking through all the lakes around narrowed it down to 2 Talon and Olive.

We have no sled, we are snow shoeing in pulling sleds setting up camp (yup a tent) on shore and managing some holes with in the camp are, so hoping someone would be willing to provide us with some locations on either lake that will provide us with some good walleye/gator action and enough shore lunch for 5 each day.

Unless anyone might have a sure spot for splake and rainbow in the Nippissing/Temagami area I would take that as well.

The more secluded the better trying to unplug and enjoy the quiet nights and sky, but of course need road access to get to a starting point.

Would really appreciate any help here, since its allot to setup camp etc. and we have no sleds you can image the effort to get in get setup. Last year we tried a lake that had been stocked for 4 years in a row and got skunked for the entire week.

Thanks in advance
Doug
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Ice Fishing Talon Lake or Olive lake (Nippissing/Temagam

Post by Doug »

The MNRF has had their budgets pared to the bone, but a District biologist or conservation officer would be a good source of information. I do not know either lake. Good luck to you!

Doug
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Ice Fishing Talon Lake or Olive lake (Nippissing/Temagam

Post by smitty55 »

Good on you for taking on such a venture. I don't think I could talk myself into winter camping. A cabin or lodge sounds much better. That being said, I would highly suggest you post this question on the OOD forums where there are lots of members who live in that area. They're generally a pretty helpful bunch. Good luck with your trip

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter