Shirley's Bay road closed

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
canam04
Participant
Participant

Shirley's Bay road closed

Post by canam04 »

Well I was out tonight to try and clear the road but there is no chance that will happen. The drifts have made it across the entire road and someone tried to drive through the drift which only hardens the snow and makes ruts. If the drifts were fresh with no tire tracks I would probably be able to pole the road but now I can't even get through. I am hoping someone knows somebody with a plow on a truck that could possibly reopen the road because if not I think it will be a nightmare at the ramp at the end of the season when we are all trying to get off the ice.
Yakster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Shirley's Bay road closed

Post by Yakster »

Ya...was there after work an she looked pretty full.

I still want to know how the Civic made it back to land that was parked out on the ice overnight Saturday...because when I went Sunday the road was waist deep powder with a big ol Dodge burried 1/2 way out.
Cyber
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Cyber »

Yakster wrote:Ya...was there after work an she looked pretty full.

I still want to know how the Civic made it back to land that was parked out on the ice overnight Saturday...because when I went Sunday the road was waist deep powder with a big ol Dodge burried 1/2 way out.
They probably just shoved the Civic through one of the holes. :shock: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you don't stand for something,
you'll fall for anything!!
Yakster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Yakster »

http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http ... CYQMygEMAQ

And like that the road is back open again....Thank you Mr Plow
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fishin mission »

nice link there yak... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
riverdog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by riverdog »

Cool!
Fishing the St.Lawrence 12 months a year!
mike11
Participant
Participant

Post by mike11 »

the civic along with the trailer and snow mobile it was towing were pulled out by a pickup, only took a cpl hours
Jholder
Participant
Participant

Post by Jholder »

Hey canam you've been plowing that with an atv? well done.
So has anyone been able to re-open it since? or been down that can report on its depth?, scuse my laziness but i just havent beeen able to run down yet do to work lol. :lol:
Id imagine even if it was done tues with what we just got & are about to get, also the help of the winds it will be swamped again.
Thanks & tight lines.
Yakster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Yakster »

I drove out this afternoon. ...no problem, didn't even need to turn on the 4 wheel drive
Jholder
Participant
Participant

Post by Jholder »

Yakster wrote:I drove out this afternoon. ...no problem, didn't even need to turn on the 4 wheel drive
Awesome, Thanks to whomver got it done! :D I wasnt quite sure if your mr plow post was serious or just a funny lol.
Il save my efforts for next time i suppose.

Tight lines!
canam04
Participant
Participant

Post by canam04 »

Jholder wrote:Hey canam you've been plowing that with an atv? well done.
So has anyone been able to re-open it since? or been down that can report on its depth?, scuse my laziness but i just havent beeen able to run down yet do to work lol. :lol:
Id imagine even if it was done tues with what we just got & are about to get, also the help of the winds it will be swamped again.
Thanks & tight lines.
yes I was doing the road with an atv all year until last Sunday when it became too much snow for my plow. It was going good but when the winds starts and covers the road 3 feet deep it is a big job to plow the entire road. I haven't seen anyone plow out there besides me for the past 4 years but when I went for a drive Tuesday during the day there was a truck with a plow doing the road so I was very surprised to see that. I was very happy to see the road open again now lets just hope that whoever decided to help out will continue for the rest of the year because now that the road is not that wide I don't think I will be able to. all we need is 4 more weeks to keep the road open so everyone can get their shacks off otherwise it is going to be a mess when it gets warmer. I suspect that with the winds this evening that the road will have a lot of snow on it and should be some good drifts.

Keep fishing
Jholder
Participant
Participant

Post by Jholder »

canam04 wrote:
Jholder wrote:Hey canam you've been plowing that with an atv? well done.
Thanks & tight lines.
yes I was doing the road with an atv all year until last Sunday when it became too much snow for my plow. It was going good but when the winds starts and covers the road 3 feet deep it is a big job to plow the entire road. I haven't seen anyone plow out there besides me for the past 4 years but when I went for a drive Tuesday during the day there was a truck with a plow doing the road so I was very surprised to see that. I was very happy to see the road open again now lets just hope that whoever decided to help out will continue for the rest of the year because now that the road is not that wide I don't think I will be able to. all we need is 4 more weeks to keep the road open so everyone can get their shacks off otherwise it is going to be a mess when it gets warmer. I suspect that with the winds this evening that the road will have a lot of snow on it and should be some good drifts.

Keep fishing
10-4, well much appreciate your time & effort!. ya i guess il have a gander when i make it down after work tommorow. i was going t take a plow and make a few passes but i guess all is good for now.
well see come the weekend.
MichaelGA
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by MichaelGA »

Take the plow anyway and widen it / clear a turn around.

/cheers to whoever did it!
RyanW
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by RyanW »

-//-
Last edited by RyanW on Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
613 Ice Fishing
On Facebook
Jholder
Participant
Participant

Post by Jholder »

MichaelGA wrote:Take the plow anyway and widen it / clear a turn around.

/cheers to whoever did it!
ya not a terrible idear, knowing me id have to stop my self from plowing a road to every shack lol :lol:
still windy out now so ya id imagine its drifting, the snow i was blowing today was re covered in 45m, and 5-10 on the way sat :D