Fishing Mishaps

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
canam04
Participant
Participant

Re: Fishing Mishaps

Post by canam04 »

grizz wrote:Almost funny as the guy asking for tips about lakers in Shirley's Bay. :text-imwithstupid:
I guess thats what happens when I never fish for lakers, just don't know much about them. oh ya and GRIZZ next time you get stuck don't forget who normally pulls you out with a canam. :confusion-helpsos:
Doug
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Doug »

Time to resurrect this thread and get folks thinking again...........

............and the impetus is tonight the clocks go FORWARD. "Spring forward, fall back"..........

So it is about 1990 I think, and we are in Owen Sound for spring salmon and trout. We have a good day on Saturday, get into some nice fish and later on we are having <<<AHEM>>> a "FEW" drinks, 8) probably had BBQ salmon for supper, blah blah blah......and now it is time to set our clocks for tomorrow morning's fishing. We probably argued for an hour whether it was 4 am on the old time, 4 am on the new time, 5 am on the old time, 5 am on the new time, maybe 6 am on the old time, 6 am on the new time..........and everybody but the host is feeling no pain. He keeps insisting that the CORRECT time is such-and-such, but the rest of us are not so sure. :roll: To this day I don't recall if we got up at the intended time, or not........but that was a story told more than once at Watson's Tackle House in Owen Sound in later years............. :wink:

So tomorrow morning when the clocks go forward, I have to get up WHEN? (Oh yeah, I remember, I am an old retired fart and it doesn't matter! :D )

Doug
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

Hilarious, a good laugh reading that story Doug.
I'm looking forward to the time change, my car clock will show correct time again!! ;)
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

Only half on topic but I just found this and it is hilarious. Hunters will get it for sure. I think I laughed harder the second time around. I've gone through once out deer hunting, in a swamp channel, up to my thighs in black loon chit. I don't even think I hit bottom, as I had just reached a solid clump as I did a slide across the ice. The guys who showed up a half hour later had a great laugh as I tried to scrape that black goo off my hunting pants with a credit card lol.

It's a great laugh. Enjoy

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
Kerrazy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Kerrazy »

smitty55 wrote:Only half on topic but I just found this and it is hilarious. Hunters will get it for sure. I think I laughed harder the second time around. I've gone through once out deer hunting, in a swamp channel, up to my thighs in black loon chit. I don't even think I hit bottom, as I had just reached a solid clump as I did a slide across the ice. The guys who showed up a half hour later had a great laugh as I tried to scrape that black goo off my hunting pants with a credit card lol.

It's a great laugh. Enjoy

Cheers
Smitty,
That had me laughing so hard my eyes were watering. Thanks for sharing!
Kerrazy

"Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll Go Fishing!"- Thoreau
I'd like to thank my sponsors:
Interac - Be in the Black
Jerry, my neighbour, who foolishly leaves his shed and truck open, so I can try all the latest gear!