Yesterday on the Upper Rideau

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Doug
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Yesterday on the Upper Rideau

Post by Doug »

ARRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I had typed about a page of a report (and I am a two-finger typist) and it just disappeared............. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Half an hour's work flushed down the toilet.......... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Well then I guess it is going to be the Reader's Digest Condensed Version as I am not going to spend another half hour typing!!!

Upper Rideau Lake at Westport. HEAVY snow. CRAPPY weather and roads to get up there from Kingston. Buddies with snowmobiles. :D Slush froze two days ago, leaving surface heavily snow covered but without slush on the surface. Two feet of ice including nasty frozen slush on top in some spots.

Five guys, three hours plus, five perch. As usual I was using a Genz Ice Worm, 1/16 oz, chartreuse/fire tiger with a perch eye. It accounted for three of the perch. Yes, I had kept some eyes from a previous outing, having learned that otherwise it might take a while to get the first eye donor.

VERY brisk day with blowing snow and a strong wind. Happy to get out, but happy to get back off the lake.
westport 25 Feb 15.jpg
westport 25 Feb 15.jpg (1.6 MiB) Viewed 4615 times
The end.

Doug
Doug
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Yesterday on the Upper Rideau

Post by Doug »

I am not sure why that picture is sideways. I was upright, not lying down..........
Doug
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Doug »

westport 25 Feb 15.jpg
westport 25 Feb 15.jpg (1.6 MiB) Viewed 4614 times
did this change the photo orientation?

Answer: nope, the website I guess decides that no matter how I edit the photo, THAT will be how it displays.

So just crank your head ninety degrees left and VOILA! The picture is now right side up.

Doug
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

Good stuff Doug!
In the next 4 weeks the bigger girls should be getting hungry
(When I click on the original pic, you are vertical again)
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

In most cases, I always jump to the book’s synopsis, you’re report perfectly suits my preferred length!
Nice outing, great picture!
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
Doug
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Doug »

Out4trout wrote:Good stuff Doug!
In the next 4 weeks the bigger girls should be getting hungry
(When I click on the original pic, you are vertical again)
When I click or double click on the picture it gets bigger but is still oriented ninety degrees left. So my computer ate my homework AND it bent my picture.......... :roll:

Yes thinking of those jumbos we got into up north of there a couple springs ago!!

Doug
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

Doug wrote: So my computer ate my homework AND it bent my picture.......... :roll:

Yes thinking of those jumbos we got into up north of there a couple springs ago!!

Doug

Nice report Doug, I'm sure the original was great too :handgestures-thumbupright:
If you have time on your hands look up photobucket.com
It's a great image hosting site with editing software and you copy the IMG link into your reply and it's done.
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
Doug
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Doug »

ShawnD wrote:
Doug wrote: So my computer ate my homework AND it bent my picture.......... :roll:

Doug

Nice report Doug, I'm sure the original was great too :handgestures-thumbupright:
If you have time on your hands look up photobucket.com
It's a great image hosting site with editing software and you copy the IMG link into your reply and it's done.
I use hunt101.com as my photo hosting site and it works fine. But oneleven showed us how we can upload pictures directly from our computers, which is a LOT less time-consuming, and it works just fine. Even if my computer decides that my photo should be cock-eyed for other people's viewing pleasure...... :roll:
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

And I thought you were lying down while fishing thru a hole in a wall!!
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
Doug
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Doug »

Wallyboss wrote:And I thought you were lying down while fishing thru a hole in a wall!!
Nope, I was dead sober, honest! :wink:
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

Doug wrote:ARRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I had typed about a page of a report (and I am a two-finger typist) and it just disappeared............. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Half an hour's work flushed down the toilet.......... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
That's what the save draft is for Doug lol. I've had it happen to me too. It would be nice to have an auto save feature like on OOD which has saved me a few times, but I don't know how much work it would be to incorporate it here.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
Doug
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Doug »

smitty55 wrote:
Doug wrote:ARRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I had typed about a page of a report (and I am a two-finger typist) and it just disappeared............. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Half an hour's work flushed down the toilet.......... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
That's what the save draft is for Doug lol. I've had it happen to me too. It would be nice to have an auto save feature like on OOD which has saved me a few times, but I don't know how much work it would be to incorporate it here.

Cheers
I don't know what I was thinking, typing out a long story on a website directly................If I am going to post anything of length, for example Doug's Gun of the Month Club, I almost always type it out on a "Word" document, then do the copy and paste thing. I must have had too much fresh air yesterday, and lost my common sense..... :roll:

Doug
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Better Doug? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've never ice fished that lake though have spent quite a bit of time there in the Lund. Would need to lug the sled to the area I'd want to fish. I've caught some awesome Panfish in that pond, usually Bass Fishing.

RJ
Doug
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Doug »

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH man, my head hurts, all of the blood is rushing to my brain!!! :shock:
Dartee
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dartee »

Looks like a nice outing,, whether catching or not.. Used to get some nice jumbos yrs ago as a kid through the ice (along with the odd ling and pike), about half way between the Rose Bay point and the 1st island through the ice (mind you I lived on Rose Bay so it was easy to get to on those really cold days)