Fishing the St-Lawrence around Parc Guindon & Cornwall ramp

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
NorthernGuy
Participant
Participant

Fishing the St-Lawrence around Parc Guindon & Cornwall ramp

Post by NorthernGuy »

So I'm getting a little bit familiar with what to fish with on the St-Lawrence but I still have a very hard time finding WHERE to fish... So my question is : Without necessarily telling me where exactly to fish, What should I look for fishing walleye & bass on the St-Lawrence?? I know they are 2 completely different fish but just a quick pointer or 2 on each would be awesome! I find it really hard to even start cuz I just have no clue at all where to go!? & if you wouldn't mind adding your best lure/fishing tactic that you guys like on the St-Lawrence! I bought the Navionics app for my phone this weekend & I think this will help me alot but I still need lots of pointers...

I was only succesfull once last year on the st-Lawrence at one location catching our limit. The other times were fishing for 4 to 8 hours straight and only catching one fish so I hope I can get my average higher this year with you knowledgeable guys help!

P.S. Literally any help on the st-Lawrence will greatly be appreciated hehe, I heard from lots of people that its a great place to fish but you really need to know what you are doing...
Thanks!
Born to Fish…Forced to Work!
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fishing the St-Lawrence around Parc Guindon & Cornwall r

Post by RJ »

I bet the "search" button is your friend here NorthernGuy. Not too long ago a couple of maps were put up as well. It's a start!

RJ
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

Here's one of those maps for ya
B9hBRL4IQAEzjqQ.jpg
B9hBRL4IQAEzjqQ.jpg (39.66 KiB) Viewed 849 times
Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
NorthernGuy
Participant
Participant

Post by NorthernGuy »

So last night I read pretty much every post I could find with the wors "St Lawrence" in it and read all 7 pages worth of information! I learned lots of new places and stuff to use on the st-lawrence! I also found lotsa people fished it for perch! what do you guys use to fish perch mainly?

P.S. I think im addicted to fish-hawk! I cant believe i didnt find this forum last year! I missed out!
Born to Fish…Forced to Work!