This Gong Show on Mc Bay is out of control!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Trophyhunter
Participant
Participant

Re: This Gong Show on Mc Bay is out of control!

Post by Trophyhunter »

young and stupid ,,,,,,,,can i go back 40 years please LMAO
Kerrazy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Kerrazy »

Tip-up wrote:This is pure gold and something that can only be seen in Gatineau :lol: :lol: :lol: Remember the Seadoo/Van launch, oh man that's funny stuff.

You only live once. Let'er fly :lol:

This La Sabre jump has been been my favorite for a while sort of on the same topic :lol:

8 days after I got my drivers Lic. I did that with my mom's 75 Impala. 120 mph. And some beautiful rolling hills in the country. Damn near killed myself, passenger, dog and the farmer backing his tractor out of his driveway with some implement on it.
Landed in a ditch visibly shaken but no worse for wear.

If I hit 30 mph on the way home I am sure I would have been sick. The car was written off as the mechanic at the Kmart garage told my mom I had driven it off a cliff! Of course I denied such foolish notions.
I was 25 before she let me drive one of her cars again... Dates were a challenge lol!
Now a days I rarely hit 120kph. Ok well on occasion, I do give it some love, it's a Hemi, got to clean out the carbon right?
Kerrazy

"Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll Go Fishing!"- Thoreau
I'd like to thank my sponsors:
Interac - Be in the Black
Jerry, my neighbour, who foolishly leaves his shed and truck open, so I can try all the latest gear!
Fishoholic
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Fishoholic »

A couple guys who grew up in my neighbourhood that were a year older than me died when their car did the same thing out in Dunrobin a few years back. Caught air on a hill and when they landed they lost control, swerved off the road and into the trees and farmers field. Dead just like that.
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

Fishoholic wrote:A couple guys who grew up in my neighbourhood that were a year older than me died when their car did the same thing out in Dunrobin a few years back. Caught air on a hill and when they landed they lost control, swerved off the road and into the trees and farmers field. Dead just like that.

Almost the same deal happened here in Hull years ago, down the mainstrip going WAYY too fast, right before a the Major intersection of StJoseph/StRaymond there's a slight/aggressive slope to it...
They lifted off the ground, lost control of the car and hit a tree... The car caught fire, the driver made it out of the car while his buddy burned alive...

I'm no saint.
I've done plenty of dumb things on the road, I'm glad I got through it all without hurting myself or anyone else..
Accidents happen quick!
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
Fishoholic
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Fishoholic »

You got that right Shawn. In the blink of an eye it can all change just like that. My bro just rolled his car two weekends ago in the blizzard on Saturday and he was driving with caution. Hit a drift of snow on 416. His seatbelt saved him and he just has a sore shoulder now and a written off car.

No ones perfect, we've all done stupid things but you just gotta sit back and wonder at the stupidity of some people. Although other people's stupidity does provide good laughs, as long as no one is seriously hurt!
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

ShawnD wrote:Almost the same deal happened here in Hull years ago, down the mainstrip going WAYY too fast, right before a the Major intersection of StJoseph/StRaymond there's a slight/aggressive slope to it...
They lifted off the ground, lost control of the car and hit a tree... The car caught fire, the driver made it out of the car while his buddy burned alive...
Happen to be there August of 2005... saw the guy snapping these shots:

Have a pic of the driver sitting on the side of the road too.. hammered doesn't begin to describe how drunk this guy was. Tragic and entirely avoidable.

Craig
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

Fishoholic wrote: His seatbelt saved him and he just has a sore shoulder now and a written off car.
I LOVE hearing about this..
I work in the moving industry, I have a guy that works with me that won't wear a seat belt unless told to... I have to tell him EVERY TIME!!!
He's almost 58... I'm 26!!

Also he's been through 2 windshields already from accidents and him not wearing his seat belt...
Something so simple..

As the saying goes, you can't fix stupid.. :roll:
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
Fishoholic
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Fishoholic »

Yep can't put a price on your life but the fine for no seatbelt isn't cheap either. I got nailed for no seatbelt up road from my house and it was $240. Happened same weekend he rolled his car. I was talking to my bro on the phone and thought I had it bad having to pay $240 when he tells me he rolled his car. He then proceeds to give me shiiiit for not wearing it saying it saved his life.

Man those are crazy pics Craig. Goes to show you stupidity does hae consequences sometimes.
Big Bass 444
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Big Bass 444 »

Well, let me put it this way..... if you look for trouble..it will find you.......These should be calculated stunts done and supervised by professionals. Jumping off a ramp = laws of physics which I don't think none of these buffoons probably high on pot (just saying) are aware of ...seriously! That place need supervision PERIOD!..because it is what it is ...a freaking Gong Show!...and somebody will get hurt there...it's a matter of time!...just to say...4 cars in early Jan. on 4 inches of ice driving like idiots all over the Bay....really nice...really! :roll: .....I found out that day that 4 inches of ice is pretty strong..LLLOL!
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

Reports coming in this morning that the kid in that video who jumped his Honda in Mclaurin bay has been fined by the Gatineau police $1250 and 4 points.

I wonder if the kid has the gumption to fight this one. The Gatineau police can do nothing to me if I am speeding on the water in Mclaurin bay or jumping wakes of other boats... what is the difference here in the eyes of the law? Shouldn't it be the coast guard who fines him if there is something to be fined for?

Is there a demerit system associated with the boaters card?

All kidding aside, how do they have jurisdiction on a federally run water way?
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

This stuff happens every evening down there, just this time it was caught on video.

You can see, and hear it while fishing every night Yan. This is nothing new.

Just sit back and enjoy the show :lol:
banjo
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by banjo »

I fish the Rideau River alot and I have seen RCMP, OPP, Ottawa Police and CO's patrolling the river (in the summer). All seem to have jurisdiction. It must be shared... maybe it's the same in Qc.
bradford2
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bradford2 »

Ottawa Police can lay charges on the Ontario side of the river, so I'm sure it's the same on that side.
I doubt the charge was speeding. Likely reckless, which carries 4 points over there.

There is no boaters demerit system. On the water offences are the same as on the road in some/most cases and effect your driving license. Get caught drunk driving a boat, or drunk driving on the ice, and it's the same as if you were on the highway.
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

The guy has been caught and charged. http://gatineau.radionrj.ca/info-gatine ... une-amende

21 year old driver
$1293.00 fine and 4 demerit points

OOPS I had missed Craig's post!!!
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again