Paddletales Bassin' Seminars Apr 18th

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Paddletales Bassin' Seminars Apr 18th

Post by RJ »

Posting this great event on behalf of Ed and Sandie at Paddletales....

Our next event at Paddletales is the Bass seminar held at the Lion's hall, 1 block east of the store. The date is Saturday April 18th and we have an outstanding line-up this year.

Andy Kinstler- 1/2 of the team that won both team of the year and a come from behind win in the Renegade Classic. Fishes Renegade of course and a Quebec series. Has won numerous tournaments in both series. He will be talking about fishing river systems.

Rob Jackson- A multi species fisherman. Owner of RJnBirdees Outdoor adventures and co-owner of Fish-Hawk.net. Rob has fished Renegade in the past and is a very respected guide. His topic will be the art of pro-staffing.

Dr Bruce Tufts- Dr Tufts is a professor at Queens University teaching fisheries biology and runs the Freshwaters Fisheries Conservation lab. He developed the water weigh system currently used by Renegade. He is also a multi species and tournament fisherman. His topic will be " How Bass Work: Science that serious fishermen should know.

JP Derose- Host of WFN's Breaking Boundries. JP has tournament fished and hosted a number of tv shows. I don't have his topic in hand yet , but rest assured that it will be worth hearing.

I am super excited about this years seminar and can't wait for it to happen. The seminar will run from 9am to 4pm, or later. Cost is $50.00 per person and includes a hot lunch. Pre-registration is required as I am sure this event will sell out. Call the store at 613 774 2277 or 888 886 8815 during our business hours for more information or to register.

Ed & Sandie
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Paddletales Bassin' Seminars Apr 18th

Post by lape0019 »

I'm looking forward to this event.

I went last year and it was very informative. I learned something from every speaker that was there.
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

I should be there Thursday to pay up, that and MSBassin :wink:
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
Brian
Participant
Participant

Post by Brian »

Looking forward to this! Looks like a great line up.
- Brian
NorthernGuy
Participant
Participant

Post by NorthernGuy »

I am pumped for this seminar! literally just registered & we cannot wait to go :D :D :D :D :D
Born to Fish…Forced to Work!
Oneeleven
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Oneeleven »

Just called and registered - easy as pie!
Bonus - had a nice chat with Ed too 8)
Is it April yet? :D
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Thanks to Ed and Sandie for putting this together. Now that was a great day and a pleasure to be a part of.

RJ
zeke13
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by zeke13 »

A huge thanks to Ed and Sandie and all those that helped make this an extremely successful event.
The speakers presented four very diverse topics, all very noteworthy on their own, but together illustrated what a wonderful yet complex sport fishing really is. Andy Kinstler’s presentation on fishing river systems was phenomenal providing tips, tackle, techniques, strategies in the context of his own successes and failures .. as Fred said, “there’s a reason he’s the champ”. Dr. Bruce Tufts’ presentation provided everyone with a better understanding of bass physiology, capabilities, tendencies and limitations and in the process, debunked a number of marketing “gimmicks” and allowed the audience to better put into perspective their own fishing “plan of attacks”, and lure choices. Rob Jackson (RJ) provided everyone with a very honest account of what it takes to be “pro-staff” and although he may have “quashed the dreams of half the room” :o , we all left with better understanding and certainly respect for those that represent our favorite companies. Ed saved JP Derose for the last seminar and there isn’t enough space here to describe how much information he provided but it’s safe to say that he touched on just about all aspects of bass fishing, and he was able to pull information from the other seminars, incorporate them and provide context within his own seminar .. a true professional ... there’s a reason he’s Fred’s hero! I’ll certainly never look a bag of senkos the same again!

Again, thanks to all involved, especially the presenters, as we were all the better for it.

I for one can't wait to see what Ed and company do next year.
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

It was indeed a day overflowing with knowledge and valuable fishing principles.
Other than Bass not being able to see UV colored lures and having my hopes crushed in regards to fishing jerseys lo0ol it was an awesome day!

Thanks to all!
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

and the food was great!!
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

TheMaverick wrote:It was indeed a day overflowing with knowledge and valuable fishing principles.
Other than Bass not being able to see UV colored lures and having my hopes crushed in regards to fishing jerseys lo0ol it was an awesome day!

Thanks to all!
I laughed at this!apparently I have been looking at this all wrong!!!

The whole day was amazing but RJ, you did a killer job on your subject. that can't be an easy thing either!!!

I would have posted sooner but couldn't find the original post! Thought Ed posted it and not RJ!
NorthernGuy
Participant
Participant

Post by NorthernGuy »

Awesome seminar! full of info! I loved it! thanks for putting up this awesome seminar! Chicken was to die for! I finally know why Ed is saying Save a Bass eat a chicken hahaha! Ended up buying 2 rods and reels... Me & my girlfriend were overdue so I think Im ready to hit the waters with all that knowledge acquired hehe! Lets see what fishing 2015 will bring us!
Born to Fish…Forced to Work!
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

Thanks for all the kind words. It was an awesome day though wasn't it. Already trying to find a way to top this next year. Going to be tough but I'm going to try.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken