Congrats to Moosebunk

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Congrats to Moosebunk

Post by smitty55 »

I was going through my latest Outdoor Canada Fishing special issue today and on page 35 at the top I see a pic of Bunk with a huge Arctic Char in full colors. Beauty pic. Pretty sure I saw it here first a while back. Too bad the story didn't come with it. :( With all the wonderful fishing trip stories and quality photography that we've been fortunate enough to enjoy here over the many years, it's good to see Drew getting some well deserved recognition. IMHO his "articles/stories" are as good as I've ever enjoyed reading in any mag, and are right up there with the best of similar type articles by other writers elsewhere. With some filler parts I can see some of them as short stories in a hardcover, coffee table style book with loads of photography. :idea:

Some of the newer members here may not be aware of Moosebunk's great adventures that he's posted here for years. I highly recommend checking them out. I still go back the odd time to enjoy them again and dream along.

I think it's great to have members here get things published. RJ was part of an article for OOD, and of course he has his website, and I unexpectedly came across the Bassassins online, with a quality article on urban fishing. Those guys have come a long way in the last few years.

Congratulations to all. Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
Natch09
Participant
Participant

Re: Congrats to Moosebunk

Post by Natch09 »

Congrats Moosebunk , and Smitty your right on .Cheers Greg .
MichaelGA
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by MichaelGA »

Couldn't have said it better Smitty!

Great to see all the different talent here.
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

Totally agree!!! :handgestures-thumbup:
Lots of talent on the board, hoping to read another Bunk report soon!!
Dore
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dore »

Congrats to Moose ! I must admit that I loved reading his reports in the morning before starting work....... what a writer ! :D :D 8)
|Dore|
theDL
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by theDL »

Congrats 'Bunk! Well said Smitty, I thoroughly enjoy his reports always top notch!
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Thanks Smitty and fellas. Just returning here to civilization after a week in the remote of NW Ontario. Seven days chasing giant lakers, several 100km's on the Bravo and dozens of holes through 3-4 foot thick ice and I'm whipped. Quick turn-around at home here too and back to play.

Len... overall "decent" review on the reel I hope to get to you soon with that.

Do not currently subscribe to anything but was made aware of the small picture in OC through a buddy at OFNC. Saw it and simply thought it's cool. God knows those char make for the pictures, not the ugly mugs holding them. :lol:

Some might remember Bren's contest as well and her char picture. Turns out there was nothing in the rules stating FB votes could not be paid for by the finalists at any such sites where this can be done. Naive, Bren nor I was aware that this could even happen but, once the two leaders appeared (and it was said verified) to be doing this, it wasn't a contest we felt ethically right in wanting to go any further with. Sadly, Bren had the momentum and had taken the lead when all went weird yet, we both announced that any sudden jumps by 100's of votes within minutes, and it would be sabotage... Until that point things went really well though. Of 2600 legitimate voters from across James Bay mostly, but many here at home and including the fishing websites as well, all were kind and courteous. Only two locals chose to throw punches, but being that I block them at FB and was busy up north, Brenda handled that quick and easy without me. End of the day though, because she ran an honest race, those providing the contest and prize will surely look after her down the road. It absolutely blew me away how loved and remembered she is by friends, co-workers, her social groups and especially those who she as provided and cared for and grew up with in her communities. Past and present patients as well dropping messages of thanks to her, and even to myself while I was in Attawapiskat. She humbles me but with this said, I haven't yet said my thanks to those who supported her through me, or me through her depending how you look at it. :lol: So thanks again any Fish-Hawkers friendly to that cause. There will be more on going fishing up in the Arctic in our future, I do believe. :wink:

The winter has flown by. Ice fishing took a backseat to northern work and family, but oddly I managed 20 days out. The lakers got crushed this year... plenty proof of that. Didn't matter where.... This January popped a great big fat stocker on a valley lake in January and, quite possibly caught the most incredible looking valley fish too. This past week up north the greys averaged 17.5 pounds, a 36.5 incher being my smallest. Couldn't come near my PB ice fish though, and quite a slow bite overall. Would like to report more and probably will in time but the coming weeks looking insane.

Again, thanks for taking interest in the the reports old and new. Have hung the hat here a long time now and good to know there's still some friendly to my fishing life. :D
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

Decent is a good review! I have questions on balance etc but that can wait.

Don't let only a few people pi$$ing in your direction get ya down. Usually sprays back on em, even without a breeze assist.
Hope to continue reading Bunk reports / pics on here - would be a loss without them.
Lenny
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Lenny »

Can't wait for the report and congrats on running an honest contest. Not sure what the punches from the locals was all about, there are certainly lots of jealous people out there. There are lots of tough keyboard gangsters on the internet! Looking forward to following your adventures this summer! Let me know if you need any gar flies :)